Sales Engineer (Container Glass)
- 12507 E Florence Ave, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
As part of the US Glass sale team the sales engineer is responsible for managing and growing Pyrotek’s sales of technical products and solutions to our core glass customers. The role involves significant travel (more than 50%) predominantly along the West Coast and assessing, designing and supplying glass handling options on-site with customers. If you like working alongside customers, in a fast-paced dynamic environment, this position could suit you.
The position will work independently with support from the Americas glass container team and the Sales Manager.
The ideal candidate will reside in the Southern or Central California region and be working with our clients in CA, OR, WA, and CO.
You will work closely with our world class technical team to build long term mutually beneficial relationships with Pyrotek’s glass customer base.
** We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas to maintain residency in the United States. **
- Responsible for establishing and cultivating a strong working relationship with customer and sales accounts.
- Establish a positive working relationship with customer base to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Establish positive and collaborative working relationships with internal team members, vendors and suppliers to ensure customer’s expectations are met.
- Negotiate pricing, minimum order quantities and stocking agreements with vendors, supplies and customers. Communicate changes in customer demands internally.
- Provide technical support to customers using positive internal collaboration and problem resolution on behalf of your customers to meet and exceed their expectations.
- Prospect for new customers and solicit sales from existing customers of new or additional products via telephone or in person. Prepare pricing and present quotes. Set final new prices, margins, quotes on new products or services.
- Maintain awareness of competitor activities. Employ counter measures to beat or contain competition.
- Assist as needed to resolve customer accounts receivable issues.
- Visit customer facilities for the purpose of selling, building customer rapport, and/or training, as required to meet customer expectations.
- Customer product resolution.
- Collaborate with customer service, operations and supply chain as needed to ensure order fulfillment expectations are met.
- Work daily in CRM data base to document the customer / sales experience.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required within Pyrotek and customer manufacturing environments. Employee is exposed occasionally to noise, heat, and cold environmental conditions when in the manufacturing environment.
Education/Experience: Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or a related technical discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years of related work/sales experience in a technical or process related industry, preferably within the container glass or similar industries; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The ideal candidate will bring to the table:
- Customer Service Skills. A passion for providing a high level of customer service and business development activities along with an in-depth understanding of sales principles and customer service practices.
- Mechanical and Business Sales Acumen. The ability to build relationships and sell technical solutions in an industrial setting. Will show a demonstrated understanding of business implications of decisions. Will display orientation to profitability and prices products and services accordingly. Have a demonstrated knowledge and ability to analyze the market and competition. Identifies external threats and opportunities. Adapt, set and achieve strategy to changing conditions/goals. Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Works within approved budget. Develop and implement cost saving measures. Contribute to profits and revenue. Effectively utilize organizational resources.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and ERP and CRM Systems.
- Travel. Candidate will have the ability to travel 60% domestically and internationally as needed to customer facilities and occasionally overnight.
#pyrotek #pyroteksales #salesengineer #pyrotekhiringnow #technicalsales #containerglass #glassmanufacturing #worldclasssales #salesjobs #sales
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice