Assembler - 1st Shift
- 8521 S Regency Dr, Tulsa, OK 74131, USA
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Shift: Tuesday - Friday, 6:00 am - 4:30 pm (10 hour shifts)
Working from uncomplicated blueprints, sketches or oral instructions, accumulates parts, assembles, disassembles, and performs minor alterations on a variety of standard components. Operates a variety of machinery to produce satisfactory finished articles according to customer specifications, and packages parts for shipment to Pyrotek Customers.
- Produce quality part ensuring customer expectations for quality, quantity and on time delivery are met. Fulfill customer orders accurately and on a timely basis.
- Utilize measuring equipment to assure parts meet all specifications of customer.
- Read work orders and production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cuts, dimensions and tolerances.
- Set up, operate, and troubleshoot machines, including punch press, milling machine, lathe, drill press, and spray booth to produce parts that meet specifications for quality, quantity and on-time shipment.
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades or other fixtures in machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using viscometers.
- Visually inspect completed work for defects such as chipped edges and marred surfaces, and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Maintain a clean shop, wipe down machines, clean inside of machines, workbenches, and file cabinets, as well as sweep and mop floors.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Must Haves: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Specialized schooling and/or on the job-related experience preferred.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Ability to work with others as a team so that customer’s orders are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Core Business Skills. Ability to read drawings, packaging sheets and follows directions to insure adherence to specifications preferred. Ability to uses measuring equipment to assure parts meet all specifications of customer.
Technical Skills. Ability to use and interpret dimensional measuring tools or equipment, preferred.
Mathematical Skills. Proficient with basic high school math, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, use whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and geometric calculations. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and/or hear. Required to life up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision; peripheral vision, depth perception and ability adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing environment with frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes, loud noise levels and/or airborne particles and occasional exposure to work in high, precarious places and seasonally hot temperatures. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.