Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Assistant
- 14828 Foundation Ave, Evansville, IN 47725, USA
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Responsible for assisting with daily operations of Evansville warehouse and inventory/delivery functions with customer’s Vendor Managed Inventory (80% of duties). Additional responsibilities as needed to support production operations in the assembly of pumps, relining of holding furnace and transfer ladles (20% of duties).
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak in English, clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Enterprise Resource Planning software such as Visual Manufacturing.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
Warehouse. Ability to understand basic planning and scheduling. Ability to understand materials movement, inventory accuracy and cycle counting. Ability to proficiently/safely operate and be certified to operate a forklift.
Fabrication. Exhibit a high mechanical aptitude. Ability to proficiently and safely use hand tools and power tools. Flexibility. Exhibit flexibility in work schedule and perform beyond a normal workday as needed to support vendor needs.
Must Haves: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED), plus a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a manufacturing warehouse environment, including experience with forklifts, driving non-CDL commercial vehicles and fabrication; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and ability to pass DOT health certificate is required.
Vendor Managed Inventory (80% of duties)
- Actively make scheduled customer visits to count on-site inventories of VMI parts.
- Proactively assist with internal (Pyrotek) and onsite customer inventories and other reasonable measures to prevent stock outages.
- Continuously observe any special inventory procedures as outlined in the Pyrotek/Customer VMI Agreement.
- Actively perform cycle counts to ensure internal inventories are accurate.
Assembler (20% of duties)
- Support general labor in rebuild of relining Holding Furnace and Transfer Ladles.
- Produce needed components by cutting rope and repackaging of product.
- Perform bench and floor work as assigned to assemble, construct, build and repair metal pumps and similar units, using some or all of the flowing functions: grinding, sanding, cementing, wrapping and painting; and laminating.
- Assemble pumps as assigned. Ensure specifications are met.
- Perform equipment setup and/or adjustments. Ensure assemblies are altered or adjusted for a specified fit or specification range.
- Accurately mix cements specific to each job.
- Safety use hoist and forklift to safely move part and materials.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hand and fingers to handle or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally team lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. While performing VMI deliveries the employee is required to drive a commercial van, obeying all State and Federal DOT laws. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee primarily works in a warehouse/manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required such as safety shoes, safety glasses and respirators. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods on hard surfaces. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, hot and cold environmental conditions in the warehouse/manufacturing environment.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice