- 4447 E Park 30 Drive, Columbia City, IN, United States
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Second Shift: Monday - Friday, 3:15 pm - 11:45 pm (shift differential applied)
Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing of; machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in an industrial setting.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software application systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Proficient in PM software applications such as MP2.
- Ability to perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculations utilizing a calculator.
- Ability to understand basic scheduling.
- Ability to read and understand basic drawing and schematics.
- Maintains job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Associate degree (A.A. or A.S) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in industrial maintenance or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of two (2) years industrial maintenance experience.
- Accurately complete visual inspections and mechanically tests machinery and equipment to ensure machine is functional for both operations and safety standards.
- Continuously listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with production associates, supervisor or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Safely completes disassembly of defective machines and equipment and installs new or repair components.
- Consistently cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lay outs, assemble, installs and maintains pipe systems, related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Set up and operation of machine tools such as; lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricated machine parts, jigs and /or fixtures, tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal materials.
- Continuously maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Safe, efficient and timely completion of Preventative Maintenance (PM) orders.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; continuously required to remain stationary, be mobile, bend and reach, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and use stairs.
Employee must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds occasionally team-lift up to 100 pounds. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment, telephone and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works within manufacturing and office environments. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required within the manufacturing environment. Employee while in the manufacturing environment is regularly exposed to noise, heat and/or cold environmental conditions.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.