Secondary Assembler Specialist
- 641 NY-13, Cortland, NY 13045, USA
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Day Shift: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Safely operate mechanical equipment and tools to efficiently assemble units, systems and sub-assemblies to build products of optimal quality with on-time delivery.
- Mechanical Aptitude. Understanding of spatial reasoning, cause and effect, heat conduction, velocity, gravity and force. Ability to qualify in industrial vehicle use and demonstrate continued safe operation at all times.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as work orders, policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to clock into and out of jobs via computer terminals, perform computerized transactions, and use barcode scanners to transact movement of inventory.
- Ability to read and understand complex drawings and technical work instructions. Competency in mechanical math, including calculating measurements in whole numbers and fractions, determining lengths and areas, and converting US Standard measurements to/from Metric System. Able to plan project builds, with correct sequencing of steps, in accordance with engineered designs and drawings.
Must Haves: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. Minimum one (1) year experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: manufacturing assembly, reading blueprints and schematics, working with power and hand tools.
- Read and interpret drawings, work order data, and follow written and verbal instruction to determine parts, supplies, materials, sub-assemblies and equipment required to complete job builds.
- Verify quality and dimensional accuracy of parts and sub-assemblies. Turn back parts that are out of tolerance.
- Plan project build sequencing from start to finish according to the drawing specifications.
- Install nozzle blocks, heater tubes and other ancillary equipment.
- Build electrical assemblies; run wires, set-up, test and troubleshoot units prior to shipping.Fabricate (cut, bend, thread) piping.
- Plan and oversee furnace mast projects.
- Organize and layout pipelines, fittings and equipment in a cohesive piping system. Run pneumatic lines, install valves and regulators. Run hydraulic lines, install rams and pumps.
- Install crucible liners in steel shells.
- Breakdown and perform finishing work to prepare equipment for shipment.
- Perform Primary Assembly and other related work and job assignments as required.
- QC (Quality Control) procedures and processes to ensure part(s) meet defined Quality criteria and tolerances.
- Safely operate fork trucks, overhead crane, electric pallet jack and other industrial vehicles for which training has been completed and qualification achieved and maintained.
- Work safe; operate tools and equipment as instructed and only as intended by the manufacturer. Ensure tools and other items are safely and properly stored.
- Maintain records as needed by the department (paperwork and computer transactions).
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. Perform housekeeping tasks regularly.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.