- 4447 E. Park 30 Drive, Columbia City, IN, United States
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Second Shift: 3:15 pm - 11:45 pm (Shift differential applies)
Responsible for the processing of glasweve, wire-mesh and graph-oil material into finished and semi-finished product via various stamping, slitting, cutting and stapling techniques.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
- Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to read and understand basic drawings.
- Ability to understand basic scheduling. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
- Ability to perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculations, utilizing a calculator.
- Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively.
Must Haves: High school Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) highly desired or equivalent combination of education and life experiences.
Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing/machine operation experience or training.
- Continuously and efficiently operate semi-automatic stapling machine.
- Proficiently operate rotating table fixture in desired order at either of two stations in conjunction with co-worker, as well as other assigned duties to insure proper packaging.
- Proficiently operate SAMCO Graph-Oil Press.
- Accurately clock in and out of each job via computer terminals throughout shop floor.
- Accurately read work order instructions and proficiently complete operations as required.
- Safely and accurately setup each job based on work order instructions and job prints.
- Proficiently perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
- Promptly notify supervision of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
- Accurate completion of quality checks and immediately notify supervision of any out of tolerance readings.
- Timely completion of hourly production tracking boards.
- Continuously keep work area, including machine and floor clean at all times.
- Continuously identifying areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hand and fingers and hand or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 30 pounds. Occasionally lift, maneuver/handle material weighing up to 60 pounds. Communicated effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use personal computer and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, hot and cold environmental conditions.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.