Global Manager - Sales Development
- 705 W 1st Ave, Spokane, WA 99201, USA
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Acts as a resource to the General Managers to facilitate the Sales Leadership Council’s mission of achieving core account growth/satisfaction and the continuous improvement of Pyrotek’s sales processes. Develops comprehensive training program that supports Pyrotek’s effort to continuously improve sales best practices and qualitative, long-term, profitable growth of core customers.
- Ability to positively interact, and work collaboratively with, a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Courage to make and encourage others to make difficult decisions.
- Ability to foster commitment to the shared mission and vision of Pyrotek and actively lead in development/execution of strategic goals and objectives related to assigned responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to solicit and manage the development of innovative approaches to current and emerging business challenges, while taking into account strategic implications.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and motivate staff in planning, strategic sales, decision-making, teamwork, and process improvement.
- Ability to develop staff skills and encourage growth, and to foster quality focus including improving sales and customer service processes and procedures.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems, including MS Office Word, Excel, SharePoint and PPT and CRM software.
- Demonstrated understanding of business implications of decisions. Displays orientation to profitability and prices products and services accordingly. Demonstrated knowledge of market and competition. Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Ability to develop and present effective sales related training sessions using emerging technology.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development and life-long learning. Proactively involved with professional and community organizations that promote professional growth and/or enhance Pyrotek’s ability to meet and/or exceed goals and objectives.
- Exhibit flexibility in work schedule and perform beyond a normal workday/workweek.
- Ability to travel up to 50% both domestically and globally. Valid driver’s license and Passport required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related technical field, plus a minimum of five years’ sales and sales management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience leading/presenting sales training is required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing and/or global environment
- Sales training certification/accreditation (e.g., Miller Heiman)
- Experience with digital learning platforms
- Develop a comprehensive, sustainable and evolving sales training program that enhances the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) of the sales team toward building a world-class sales organization, ensuring qualitative, long-term and profitable growth of core customers. This includes:
a. Creation of programs that:
i. develop the sales manager’s KSA to effectively coach, train, reinforce and refine the Pyrotek Sales Process (PSP); and
ii. develop sales engineers selling/business skills and market intelligence.
b. Facilitation of the design, preparation and delivery of training/development programs for sales engineers and sales managers.
c. Creation and maintenance of a formalized, standardized on-boarding program for all new sales team members designed to equip them with the company knowledge and sales/business skills to successfully grow their assigned customer base, to include training materials, curriculum, testing and certification.
d. Development of a “train the trainer” program to support the growth and development of Pyrotek’s global sales management team.
e. Research, selection and facilitation of complimentary outside sales training resources.
f. Use of a variety of delivery methods to continuously improve the ability to learner, including the use of emerging technologies.
- In coordination with the GM group and Sales Leadership Council (SLC) develop and maintain a set of common global metrics to measure and enhance overall sales manager and sales engineer performance.
- Establish and maintain a global corporate library of relevant training materials for individual and group sales training to be used by sales managers and sales engineers to continuously improve their knowledge, skill and sales effectiveness.
- Establish a formal, annual performance planning and review process focused on maximizing the growth of the sales engineer and the delivered value to Pyrotek’s core customers utilizing PSP.
- Supervise, coach support, train and develop personnel in assigned area; resolve personnel issues, redirecting complex issues to management and HR in a timely manner; directly manage employees, including assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance/compensation, resolving grievances, administering disciplinary action, interviewing employment candidates, and effectively recommending hires and terminations in a timely manner.
- Ensure effective communication of goals, objectives and expectations throughout assigned department/staff. Maintain the cooperation and support of team members company-wide through effective interdepartmental communication. Serve as a role model in areas such as professionalism, service orientation, agent of change, education, and commitment to organizational goals and objectives.
- Foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide the global sales team toward excellence while acting with integrity and ethics aligned with Pyrotek core values. Create a work environment that helps foster tolerance, acceptance and civility and the ability and desire of employees to act in empowered ways. Actively reward / recognize employees to reinforce accomplishments and positive outcomes.
- Determine the effectiveness of policies, procedures and projects/plans. Take appropriate corrective measures when necessary. Identify new applications, innovations, quality and/or safety improvements and report findings/results to management. Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with federal/national, state/regional and local regulations.
- As a member of the management team, promote and ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee generally will work in an office environment. Travel up to 50% by land and air, both domestic and global.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.