- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Purpose Financial is an independent financial services company with an unrelenting focus on customer-centric innovation, delivered through technology-driven solutions. Led by entrepreneur Som Seif, the company is developing a diversified product platform aimed at addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose Financials’ businesses include Purpose Investments, Purpose Advisor Solutions and Thinking Capital.
Who is Purpose Investments:
Purpose Investments is an innovation- driven asset management company with over $11 billion under management, offering both managed and quantitative investment products. In 2021, we’ve launched an exciting new set of funds to the market that includes the World’s First Bitcoin ETF, the World’s First Ether ETF, a Globe Climate Fund and an innovative Retirement Pension Fund called Longevity. This is just the beginning for us, with lots more opportunities to grow in the near future.
As a UI/UX Designer, reporting to our Creative Director, you will be a key part of our Customer Experience team, working on key initiatives around developing a better user experience using insights from our clients.
At Purpose Investments, we’re trying to change our industry, and are looking for a talented UX/UI Designer who can bring their passion for building digital products to our team. Do you know all the financial and investment collateral that you’re so used to seeing? The bland, boring, and uninspiring work, that is the furthest thing from good design. Well, we want ours to be the opposite of that. We want our digital touchpoints to be as user-friendly, seamless and customer-centric, as we’d want for ourselves. We’re trying to raise the bar higher.
We want you to be proud of the work you do each day. There’s a lot of work to be done, and we’re looking for someone to work alongside our Creative Director, channeling our CEO’s vision, and bringing our story to life in a creative way. The opportunity is there. It’s your job to seize it.
As a UX/UI Designer you’ll be:
- Influencing and designing the user experience of Purpose’s brands for all our digital products.
- A part of a fully engaged multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, marketers and business intelligence professionals, continuing to move Purpose forward.
- Participating in brainstorm sessions and working on projects from concept to completion.
- Continuously work with the design system patterns, test, update and evolve them
- Use participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, user interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented;
- Attend and facilitate review meetings and demos
- Questioning everything, while pushing for strong design in each execution.
- Collaborating with and supporting internal teams and departments with their needs.
The skills and experience we’re looking for:
- 4-5 years experience as a UX/UI designer with tier-one brand experience. This could be in an agency, design firm, in house or freelance. The work should be of high caliber and be focused on designing responsive web or mobile software and sites.
- Thoroughly know Adobe Creative Suite, and Figma or Sketch.
- A portfolio that shows the quality of work you’ve shipped, that has a strong level of informed UX/UI decisions.
- Experience designing engaging interactions and motion.
- Great understanding of UX and Human-Centered design concepts, including user flows, journey maps, site maps, and usability tests.
- Presenting your work with conviction using an empathetic lens to the end user, while keeping an open mind to the feedback you’ll receive from various key stakeholders.
If this is an opportunity that sounds interesting to you (more like you than not) and you’re intrigued to learn more, we would love to hear from you!
Why you should join us?
- We believe in innovation and a vibrant culture - work for an innovative, people-first, financial services firm that values entrepreneurialism
- We believe in a flexible work structure – A flexible hybrid work model that empowers you to do your best work whether at home or at the office
- We care about your rewards - Competitive compensation including equity programs
- We care about your health – comprehensive group health and dental benefits and life insurance, including a Lifestyle Spending Account for all your wellness needs
- We care about your rest - flexible paid time-off policy with unlimited vacation days, flexible sick and mental health days
- We care about your family - Paid parental leave for eligible employees with top-up
- We care about your future – Group RRSP matching and TFSA program in Purpose funds
- We care about your development – subsidies are available for courses and tuition
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently working from home. But when we return to work under a hybrid model.
Purpose Financial is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the People & Culture team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.