- Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, ON, QC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Purpose Financial is an independent financial services company with an unrelenting focus on customer-centric innovation, delivered through technology-driven solutions. Led by entrepreneur Som Seif, the company is developing a diversified product platform aimed at addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose Financial's businesses include Purpose Investments, Purpose Advisor Solutions, and Thinking Capital.
Who is Thinking Capital:
At Thinking Capital, we’re changing the landscape of financial technology! Simply put, our mission is to empower Canadian small businesses through innovative financial services. At the heart of our offering is our digital experience, which is powered by our proprietary software platform, our real time connections to a multitude of data sources and our advanced data science models. We are squarely in the corner of owners and entrepreneurs, providing for them, and at the right moment, the financial support they need to grow and thrive.
You have spent countless hours over the years learning the academics and practical skills to be a great developer. Coding for you is a passion and shockingly people are willing to pay you to do it! You are lazy and never do anything more than once, it is always scripted or you build a robot, that’s how you roll. At Thinking Capital, we encourage everyone to trust themselves and embrace who they are.
Everyone in the team is an integral contributor to our products, working with our customers to design the best solutions. Our open work culture provides the opportunity for you to contribute to all aspects of our technology: data engineering, cutting edge front-end experiences, developing new APIs, integrating event queues for 3rd party SaaS services, all under a 24/7 cloud service deployed platform.
As a key member of our team, you will collaborate with your colleagues to design, develop and deploy a high-quality cloud service for small business financing.
What You Will Do:
- Develop customer solutions through collaboration with our product, data science, and customer experience experts.
- Have the opportunity to own and drive solutions to customer problems.
- Write secure code for APIs, frontend, backend, web, mobile, partner integration
- Solve problems and integrate with partner development teams
- Deliver using agile, test-driven design methodology
- Learn and adapt technologies to real problems
The skills & experience you bring
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in full stack development.
- Ruby on Rails or other web application frameworks.
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with event-based systems (e.g RabbitMq, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience building cutting edge customer products
- Proficiency with Linux/UNIX command-line
- Love to own problems and drive solutions
Other valued skills & experience
- Git or other version control systems
- Building a RESTful API
- Heroku, AWS
- Security & Cryptography
- Experience in payment and billing or other finance solutions
Why you should join us?
- We believe in innovation and vibrant culture - work for an innovative, people-first, financial services firm that values entrepreneurialism
- We believe in a flexible work structure – A flexible hybrid work model that empowers you to do your best work whether at home or at the office
- We care about your rewards - Competitive compensation including equity programs
- We care about your health – comprehensive group health and dental benefits and life insurance, including a Lifestyle Spending Account for all your wellness needs
- We care about your rest - a flexible paid-time-off policy with unlimited vacation days, flexible sick and mental health days
- We care about your family - Paid parental leave for eligible employees with top-up
- We care about your future – Group RRSP matching and TFSA program in Purpose funds
- We care about your development – subsidies are available for courses and tuition
Purpose Financial is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently working from home. The safety and wellbeing of our teams is our top priority and office time is currently available on a voluntary basis. Our future work philosophy will be a hybrid model allowing for flexibility and collaboration.
For safety reasons, Purpose Financial has adopted a vaccination policy that allows only fully vaccinated employees to enter our offices.