Vice President, Strategic Partnerships
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who is Purpose Financial:
Purpose Financial is an independent financial services company with an unrelenting focus on customer-centric innovation, delivered through technology-driven solutions. Led by entrepreneur Som Seif, the company is developing a diversified product platform aimed at addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose Financial's businesses include Purpose Investments, Purpose Advisor Solutions and Thinking Capital.
Who is Purpose Investments:
Purpose Investments is an innovation- driven asset management company with over $11 billion under management, offering both managed and quantitative investment products. Much of what is available to the average Canadian investor today is outdated and expensive. Purpose Investments’ goal is to constantly innovate, and make investing simple, intuitive and affordable for everyone.
The ideal candidate will rise to the challenge of growing Purpose into a $40B+ asset manager.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to play an integral role within our business. If you are looking to join an entrepreneurial, motivated and innovative team, we would love to hear from you!
This individual will be responsible for leading Purpose’s efforts with: head offices and national accounts relationships and building new partnerships. This individual in the role will have an opportunity to set the strategy, work closely with our sales, product and marketing teams and step into an existing portfolio of head office relationships.
The ideal candidate for this role will be both experienced in institutional coverage and entrepreneurial by nature. He or she will have a passion for building and managing client relationships, delivering strong performance and working closely with the different teams. He / she will be comfortable with ambiguity and the demands that naturally arise from rapid growth.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing organization where you will have the opportunity to develop your experience and be at the core of the company’s growth.
- Expand and support existing relationships with head offices and partners, as well as identify and pursue new relationships and opportunities;
- Build awareness of brand and product platform through maintaining active communication and relationship with head offices;
- Work with sales team to provide key support from head office perspective in helping them build and manage their business;
- Manage and respond to all head offices inquiries such as RFIs, RFPs and general questions.
- Take initiative in developing new product and distribution partnerships with leading national 3rd party distribution and manufacturing organizations;
- Develop and implement strategic accounts plan to expand Purpose’s penetration within Canada’s largest wealth management organizations.
- Initiate, negotiate, and structure strategic partner relationships.
- Act as the primary point of contact and manage relationships with relevant contacts pre- and post-launch of partnerships, either directly or with your team
- Articulate Purpose’s capabilities and objectives to partners and help influence their development roadmaps
- Identify opportunities to optimize the relationships, unlocking value through revenue and new product opportunities
- Lead efforts to develop partnership strategies for new geographies, based on in-depth research on local market trends, regulatory frameworks and potential partners
- Develop territory through face to face, phone and electronic contact;
- Represent firm at client events, give presentations at industry events and support clients at investor seminars.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of sales experience in the investment industry/financial services;
- Proven experience as a business development leader, sales executive or a relevant role;
- Degree in Business or Finance;
- Attained industry specific designations such as CFA, CFP, CIM, CLU or similar designations;
- Experience specifically with Mutual Funds and ETF products;
- Experience in working with IIROC licensed broker dealers;
- Above average knowledge in investment products, tools and sales concepts;
- Must be keen on being aware with in-depth market trends;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to network and build solid relationships with clients;
- Demonstrated ability to work within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Purpose Financial is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.