Web Developer (Contract)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who are we?
Purpose Investments is a client-first, independent asset management firm with ~$9B in AUM.
We were founded in 2013 on a simple principle: Given access to a better set of investment solutions, Canadians will be more successful.
For our growing cadre of institutional clients, our solutions range from bespoke investment pools to separately managed accounts to more traditional investment funds.
We work actively with our clients, bringing together our proven expertise across asset classes (e.g., liquid alternatives, active fixed income and private markets) and our entrepreneurial nature. Our clients often approach us to help them address needs for which solutions do not exist in market.
We are primarily employee owned with minority investments from OMERS and Torquest.
At Purpose Investments, we’re trying to change our industry, and are looking for a talented Freelance Web Developer who can bring their passion for building digital products to our team. Do you know all the financial and investment collateral that you’re so used to seeing? The bland, boring, and uninspiring work, that is the furthest thing from good design. Well, we want ours to be the opposite of that. We want our digital touchpoints to be as user friendly, seamless and customer centric, as we’d want for ourselves. We’re trying to raise the bar higher. Much higher.
We want you to be proud of the work you do each day. There’s a lot of work to be done, and we’re looking for someone to potentially integrate into our Tech and CX teams’ long term, in order to help bring our story to life in creative ways. The opportunity is there. It’s your job to seize it.
As a Freelance Web Developer, you’ll be:
- A part of a fully engaged multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, marketers and business intelligence professionals, moving Purpose forward.
- Participating in brainstorm sessions and working on projects from concept to post-production.
- Questioning everything, while pushing for strong executions each time.
- Participating in weekly developer sprints
- Institutionalizing manual or semi-manual processes as automations.
The skills and experience we’re looking for:
- ~2 years of experience as a web developer, building tools and functionality for websites and web applications.
- Accountable for NextJS, PHP, TailwindCSS, modifications as needed to customize website.
- Knowledge of Ubuntu Linux servers on AWS is a plus
- Experience with content management systems such as: Contentful, Ghost CMS, etc.
- Ensure content is developed with SEO and performance in mind
- Knowledge of database design in mySQL and Postgres.
- Be involved with writing efficient and technically challenging code that interfaces with numerous internal and 3rd party systems.
- QA testing of websites for functionality and usability.
- Monitor performance, maintenance, site usage and logs, site security, and troubleshoot errors.
- Work closely with peers on joint projects as we receive directions from internal stakeholders.
If this is an opportunity that sounds interesting to you (more like you than not) and you’re intrigued to learn more, we would love to hear from you!
Purpose Financial is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.