Vice President of Retirement Solutions
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who are we?
Purpose Investments is a client-first, independent asset management firm with ~$9B in AUM.
We were founded in 2013 on a simple principle: Given access to a better set of investment solutions, Canadians will be more successful.
For our growing cadre of institutional clients, our solutions range from bespoke investment pools to separately managed accounts to more traditional investment funds. We work actively with our clients, bringing together our proven expertise across asset classes (e.g., liquid alternatives, active fixed income and private markets) and our entrepreneurial nature. Our clients often approach us to help them address needs for which solutions do not exist in market.
We are primarily employee owned with minority investments from OMERS and Torquest.
Purpose is looking for a Vice President of Retirement Solutions who will be responsible for the sales growth and strategy of a new retirement platform. The VP of Retirement Solutions will be able to plan strategically and become a visible expert on the product. The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, self-directed, and would thrive in a fast-paced environment. If you have a desire to be a part of a growing firm and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities, we would love to hear from you.
What will you do?
- Play a key role in the launch of a new Purpose retirement income product
- Be subject matter expert on product, working with and promoting effective strategies to sales team
- Deliver effective presentations to large groups, support business development and product development
- Innovate and execute strategic plans and in deployment of initiatives
- Play a key role in providing feedback and recommendations on product
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and strong understanding of current local markets and competitive intelligence
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry best practices and thorough knowledge of Purpose network
Who are you?
- 15+ years of experience in investment fund sales (national accounts/institutional), life insurance, pension/benefit, or defined contribution
- Strong knowledge on the current retirement industry landscape and competitors with an ability to be innovative in sales strategies and product development
- Strong knowledge of pension, defined contribution, life insurance
- Proven sales acumen, business development and delivery to engage different audiences
- Willingness to be come a subject matter expert in retirement solutions and strategies
- Team player, with ability to multitask work across multiple verticals
- Proven excellent interpersonal, presentation, negotiation, and entrepreneurial skills
Purpose Financial is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.