Portfolio and Product Analyst
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who is Purpose Investments:
Purpose Investments is a client-first, independent asset management firm with ~$8B in AUM.
We were founded in 2013 on a simple principle: Given access to a better set of investment solutions, Canadians will be more successful.
For our growing cadre of institutional clients, our solutions range from bespoke investment pools to separately managed accounts to more traditional investment funds. We work actively with our clients, bringing together our proven expertise across asset classes (e.g., liquid alternatives, active fixed income and private markets) and our entrepreneurial nature. Our clients often approach us to help them address needs for which solutions do not exist in market.
We are primarily employee owned with minority investments from OMERS and Torquest.
Who are You
You have experience developing and implementing analytics-based software. You have knowledge of various financial products and markets, and have strong analytical skills. You are organized, an excellent communicator and a team player. You are comfortable in a rapidly changing environment that fosters collaboration, learning and innovation.
Is this you? We would like to speak to you!
- Develop and implement analytics-based software to automate, improve and support the firm's efforts across the areas of product, operations, portfolio management and sales
- Build software tools to assist the portfolio management team in their day to day duties
- Work with the product and marketing teams, portfolio managers and sub-advisors on developing support materials for our product line up including but not limited to, fund commentaries and other related fund updates, whitepapers and email campaigns
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products, researching new product ideas and market trends and communicating these trends to the firm.
- Help with building and implementing the firm's quantitative portfolio management and analytics information platforms
- Assist management on ad hoc projects as needed
- University degree in business or computing and financial management
- Knowledge in using Bloomberg terminal and API
- Knowledge in python, SQL, VBA is an asset
- Knowledge and interest in the financial market
- Ability to work under stress in time sensitive situation
- Great communication skill as the role requires communication with various teams including Portfolio managers, Sales, Marketing, and Legal
We will also invite qualified candidates to complete a technical skills assessment on Capital Market knowledge, data analysis, and scripting skills in Python.
Some more stuff about us:
- The first thing you should know is, we just moved into a gorgeous, brand new space in the heart of the financial district, with tons of windows and great views of the city.
- Second, the office is casual, so you won’t be stuck around a bunch of suits.
- We work in an open concept space with stand up-sit down desks, but also have quiet rooms for thinking, concentration and private meetings/calls.
- The kitchen is stocked with snacks, has a slick coffee/espresso machine and a SodaStream.
- With our move we’ve introduced team Friday lunches, to build comradery among the team, since at times we can get pretty focused on trying to move our business forward.
If this is an opportunity that sounds interesting to you (more like you than not) and you’re intrigued to learn more, we would love to hear from you!
Purpose Financial is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.