- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who is Purpose Investments:
Purpose Investments is a client-first, independent asset management firm with ~$7B in AUM.
We were founded in 2013 on a simple principle: Given access to a better set of investment solutions, Canadians will be more successful.
For our growing cadre of institutional clients, our solutions range from bespoke investment pools to separately managed accounts to more traditional investment funds.
We work actively with our clients, bringing together our proven expertise across asset classes (e.g., liquid alternatives, active fixed income and private markets) and our entrepreneurial nature. Our clients often approach us to help them address needs for which solutions do not exist in market.
We are primarily employee owned with minority investments from OMERS and Torquest.
Who are You
You are an accomplished regulatory compliance specialist with strong analytical skills. You are a collaborative, meticulous individual, looking to contribute your strong problem-solving skills to an innovative growing organization.
Is this you? We would like to speak to you!
This role will involve managing the compliance program for Purpose Investments to ensure compliance with all policies. The role requires careful record keeping to ensure departments and employees are following policies and procedures and the ability to create and maintain the current policy and procedures manual to meet the evolving compliance regulatory landscape. Assist the business in navigating the compliance framework when creating new products and business opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain records required under various Purpose policies including:
- Personal Trading
- Proxy Voting
- Anti Money Laundering
- Assist with the prospectus renewal process, including review of fund facts
- Oversight of the order management system and PM trading
- Responsible for tracking and coordinating all regulatory filings
- Assist in the completion of reports for the Independent Review Committee, including semi-annual and quarterly reporting requirements
- Lead the maintenance and testing of Purpose’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP), and assist in the development of the BCP
- Lead reviews of various business functions against internal policies and procedures
- Contribute to the development of internal control process and their implementation and management
- Contribute to the maintenance and review of the company’s policies and procedures
- Assist in building a risk-aware and control-conscious culture by contributing to the creation of a consistent integrated risk management framework for the company
- University degree.
- Completion of compliance registration courses and demonstrate a desire to continually learn.
- Understanding of investment fund markets and products.
- Understanding of control techniques.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for investment fund managers.
- Minimum of five years experience within the investment fund industry with emphasis on regulatory compliance and risk monitoring.
- Familiarity with regulatory environment applicable to investment industry
Some more stuff about us:
- The first thing you should know is, we just moved into a gorgeous, brand new space in the heart of the financial district, with tons of windows and great views of the city.
- Second, the office is casual, so you won’t be stuck around a bunch of suits.
- We work in an open concept space with stand up-sit down desks, but also have quiet rooms for thinking, concentration and private meetings/calls.
- The kitchen is stocked with snacks, has a slick coffee/espresso machine and a SodaStream.
- With our move we’ve introduced team Friday lunches, to build comradery among the team, since at times we can get pretty focused on trying to move our business forward.
If this is an opportunity that sounds interesting to you (more like you than not) and you’re intrigued to learn more, we would love to hear from you!
Purpose Investments is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.