Website Marketing Specialist
- Toronto, ON, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, We are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca.
Thinking Capital is seeking a qualified full-time Technical Marketing Specialist to join our fast-paced marketing team.
You have the technical expertise that will support our company's goal of delivering an optimized, high-performing digital experience for our customers and partners. You are an expert in building and maintaining websites within the WordPress CMS. You have meticulous attention to detail and you have a keen eye for UX & UI that will drive conversions to help achieve our digital marketing goals.
As a Technical Marketing Specialist, your role will be varied and include, but not be limited to, the following in support of marketing objectives:
- New Site/Microsite/Landing page builds within Wordpress CMS.
- Perform feature upgrades for existing website(s).
- Develop and implement front-end web code where Wordpress falls short.
- Digital retouching and image editing.
- Effectively collaborate with teammates, clients and project stakeholders.
- Create and optimize internal development processes, meeting all deadlines and improving efficiency while maintaining the highest standards of quality web development.
- Proactively scope and present new ideas to improve the website experience for customers toward lead generation/purchase.
WEBSITE SUPPORT & OPTIMIZATION:
- Perform monthly maintenance of client and internal websites. Includes backups, plugin updates, site speed improvements, host uptime monitoring.
- Proactively prevent errors & resolve reported issues.
- Perform web-host migrations and host management.
- Implement technical search engine optimizations, including in-depth knowledge of Schema Markup.
- Google Tag Manager, Analytics, Pixel installations.
- Website content updates.
- Report and survey generation using multiple toolsets to analyze information.
- Define and provide critical site performance metrics in an easy to understand manner to company-wide stakeholders.
- Meeting with internal stakeholders to discuss requirements and/or project progress.
CONVERSION RATE OPTIMIZATION:
- Increase funnel marketing efficiencies.
- Manage and optimize landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs), and lead-generating forms.
- A/B test and continually measure the performance of CTAs.
- Collaborate with teams responsible for blogging, email, social media, in order to optimize each conversion path.
Requirements To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- BA/BS/BComm degree or equivalent working experience.
- Domain expertise in UI/UX best practices.
- Highly competent using desktop and cloud-based applications incl: G-Suite, Office, Adobe CS6, email marketing software, project management tools.
- Personal interest in staying up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in the UI community.
- Sound organization skills with a structured approach to planning and implementation.
- Google Analytics Certification would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken and grammar)
Job Type: Full-time.
- Wordpress: 3 years
- Web Development: 3 years
- Education: Bachelor's
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission.
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital.
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment.
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more).
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training.
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony.