Functional Analyst - Lending
- Montreal, QC, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, We are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca.
The Functional Analyst Lending will be responsible for partnering with the Sales, Risk, Product, Treasury and Finance teams to develop and maintain Thinking Capital Lending origination. This role will be an integrate team member in the growth and development of our systems and software that directly impact the success in the daily functions of the business. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record, have the ability and desire to make a difference in a fast-paced talented team and is capable of demonstrating excellent analysis ability within an award winning development team.
- Become the authority in the area of lending.
- Analyze the existing systems and highlight areas of improvement.
- Enhance opportunities by identifying new software/service to be developed.
- Analyze and decompose complex requirements.
- Perform gap analysis and recommend solutions.
- Fulfill the role of a subject matter expert in requirement elicitation.
- Document requirements, create functional specifications and prepare flowcharts.
- Work with the Product Owner to validate the Product functionalities and to prioritize the team backlog.
- Validate the functionality of the end product according to the requirement specifications.
- Prepare technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports.
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- Knowledge of lending.
- Analytical and investigation skills.
- Ability to understand the bigger picture.
- Working knowledge of data and process modelling.
- Elicitation and comprehension skills.
- Grip over database concepts like DBMS and SQL.
- Grip over CRM concepts.
- Good command over spoken and written communication.
- Organizational and presentation skills.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission.
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital.
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment.
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more).
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training.
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony.