- Montreal, QC, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, We are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca.
The DataOps Engineer applies Agile development, DevOps methods and statistical process controls to support data operations and analytics. DataOps orchestrates and automates the various data pipelines to make data consumption easier and more efficient while maintaining a high level of data quality.
- Supporting production data infrastructure (ETL, API, DB) to ensure data availability and accuracy.
- Orchestrating data pipelines from source systems to data warehouses/stores and consumption endpoints
- Automating data controls and data quality measures to support data governance initiatives
- Tools/skills: AWS (S3, Redshift, Lambda, Glue ...), Python, shell scripting, Apache (Airflow, Presto ...)
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- Strong knowledge of relational databases.
- Good knowledge of AWS (S3, RDS, Redshift, etc.).
- Experience development in Python, shell scripting.
- Understanding of modern APIs (REST, JSON, etc.).
- Understanding of open source data product (Airflow, Presto, etc.).
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission.
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital.
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment.
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more).
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training.
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony.