- Montreal, QC, Canada
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Great Team: Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution: Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack: Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment: Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture: Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look!
- Thinking Capital Academy:Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team: Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony.
This role will be integral in the growth and development of our systems and software that directly impact the success in the daily functions of the business. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record, have the ability and desire to make a difference in a fast-paced talented team and is capable of demonstrating excellent coding ability within an award winning development team. #dreamforce/surfboard
- Proven ability to independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation and updating as it relates to the SalesForce.com software and system administration
- Implement new enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows
- Develop and maintain Visualforce, Apex, AppExchanges apps and integration to other third party solutions
- Maintain multiple user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, etc.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving CRM and sales operations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Identify Salesforce usage problems and craft technical / communication plans to IT/business teams
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as needed
- Bachelor's degree (Preferably Computer Science)
- 3-5 years of experience functioning as a Salesforce developer (Lightening Experience and asset)
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com point and click administration an asset;
- Experience with technologies that work with Salesforce.com including: Java, jscript, Ruby, Python, Force.com platform
- Good understanding of data structures, data modelling, db schema is required.
- Experience in deployment and release management.
- Experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools.
- Experience with UML design and methodology an asset.
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum is preferred
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, leveraging technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, Thinking Capital is transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca