Business Analyst, Enterprise Data
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Why work for Thinking Capital:
Here are some reasons why you should join us:
- Great Team: Surround yourself with high energy and passionate “A players”;
- FinTech Revolution: Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Fast-Paced Environment: Tackle complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture: Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, insanely fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look!
- Thinking Capital Academy: Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
The Enterprise Data Team is responsible for ensuring data flows across the organization, enabling analysis and insight creation. We build and maintain data pipelines, data warehouses and data stores as well as define data governance policies and mechanisms to ensure the data available for consumption is correct and complete. Finally, we provide data consumption services to the business to enable users to create value with data.
In addition to managing the Thinking Capital’s data assets, our team works closely with the Finance and Accounting teams to develop the capabilities of our back-end systems (such as Loan Management and ERP).
- Business Analysis: apply your skills and expertise to define data and other requirements for key business initiatives. Work with data engineers and other technical resources to develop data solutions to business problems
- Reporting and Insight Creation: work with business users to analyse data and create insights via our BI platform or more technical tools
- Data Governance: help define, promote and maintain data governance mechanisms across the organization, including data controls and data dictionaries
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- Accounting or Finance background
- Ability to work with business stakeholders to understand their needs and translate these into actionable business and technical requirements
- Skilled at analyzing data and identifying potential business-related insights;
- Experience with data manipulation and analysis is an asset;
- Experience with BI platforms (Looker, Tableau…);
- Experience of programming with data a strong asset (SQL, Python,etc);
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office;
- Strong verbal and communication skills, comfortable engaging business users;
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work autonomously; and comfortable working within a team environment.
- Bilingual (spoken and written) in French and English.
- Comfortable working in an extremely fast paced environment
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, leveraging technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, Thinking Capital is transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca