- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who is Purpose Investments:
Purpose Investments is a client-first, independent asset management firm with ~$7B in AUM.
We were founded in 2013 on a simple principle: Given access to a better set of investment solutions, Canadians will be more successful.
For our growing cadre of institutional clients, our solutions range from bespoke investment pools to separately managed accounts to more traditional investment funds.
We work actively with our clients, bringing together our proven expertise across asset classes (e.g., liquid alternatives, active fixed income and private markets) and our entrepreneurial nature. Our clients often approach us to help them address needs for which solutions do not exist in market.
We are primarily employee owned with minority investments from OMERS and Torquest.
At Purpose Investments, we’re trying to change our industry, and are looking for a talented Copywriter who can bring their passionate flair for the written word to our team. Do you know all the financial and investment collateral that you’re so used to seeing? The bland, boring, and uninspiring work, that is the furthest thing from good writing. Well, we want ours to be the opposite of that. Sure, the technical information needs to be sophisticated and informative. We get that. But the rest, the way we speak to our customers, we want to raise the writing bar higher.
We want you to be proud of the work you do each day. There’s a lot of work to be done, and we’re looking for someone to work alongside our VP Customer Experience and Marketing, channeling our CEO’s vision, and bringing our story to life in a creative way. The opportunity is there. It’s your job to seize it.
As Copywriter you’ll be:
- Writing a combination of advertising and content material for the Purpose Investments brand. Executions can run the gamut from digital advertising, to our website copy, blog posts, email campaigns, video scripts, our printed monthly brochure and more.
- Participating in brainstorm sessions and working on projects from concept to completion.
- Questioning everything, while pushing for strong creative copy in each execution.
- Collaborating with and supporting internal teams and departments with their needs.
The skills and experience we’re looking for:
- 6+ years experience as a copywriter with tier-one brand writing experience. This could be in an agency, design firm, in house or freelance. The work should be of high quality and caliber.
- Financial/investment experience would be ideal, to understand the industry and customers we’re speaking to.
- Linguistically compelling portfolio
- Experience working on developing concepts, writing new creative; understanding business objectives, translating them to messaging objectives and deliverables.
- Presenting your work with conviction using an empathetic lens to the end user, while keeping an open mind to the feedback you’ll receive from various key stakeholders.
Some more stuff about us:
- The first thing you should know is, we just moved into a gorgeous, brand new space in the heart of the financial district, with tons of windows and great views of the city.
- Second, the office is casual, so you won’t be stuck around a bunch of suits.
- You get to pick your hardware preference, Mac or PC, whatever works best for you.
- We work in an open concept space with stand up-sit down desks, but also have quiet rooms for thinking, concentration and private meetings/calls.
- The kitchen is stocked with snacks, has a slick coffee/espresso machine and a SodaStream.
- We’ve also introduced team Friday lunches, to build comradery among the team, since at times we can get pretty focused on trying to move our business forward.
If this is an opportunity that sounds interesting to you (more like you than not) and you’re intrigued to learn more, we would love to hear from you!
Purpose Financial LP is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.