IT Support Specialist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, We are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca.
- The I.T. Technician provides first-line technical support to computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware, computer applications and/or communications software. Provide assistance maintenance and support of existing and new implementations.
A Typical Day would Include:
- Offer excellent IT support and customer service to our internal customers.
- Use consistent troubleshooting techniques to effectively identify the source of issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution.
- Properly document and track issues and resolutions.
- Follow escalation workflow as required.
- Liaise with team leaders to best handle day to day situations to better customer experiences.
- Handle miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
- Ensure the quality of your work.
- Work with the best team around!
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- Passionate about technology.
- 1-2 years of customer focus service experience in a IT support.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Self-starter who works well in a team environment and constantly taking things to the next level.
- Ready to provide exceptional customer support without limiting him/herself to out tool.
- Happy in a constantly evolving environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and Mac OS.
- Working knowledge of Wi-Fi, networking, Google Suite Business, MS Office, VOIP, iOS, Android.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more).
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony;