Operational Risk Analyst
- Montreal, QC, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, We are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit www.thinkingcapital.ca
Reporting to the Operations Risk Analyst Supervisor, this is a key position in the smooth process of financing applications received by Thinking Capital. You will be conducting thorough analysis to evaluate and help complete the application packages. It includes data entry, evaluation and administration of financial accounts and in depth investigation. The ideal candidate is someone who excels in a fast-paced, high performance environment, who is dynamic and capable of completing time sensitive goals and who is looking for long term professional growth.
Your responsibilities include:
- Process financing applications by performing due diligence;
- Verify and analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved;
- Enter data collected from merchant statements and historical data in order to price customers accordingly;
- Analyze forms and supporting documents including tax forms, bank statements…etc to ensure the applications packages are completed;
- Collaborate with the customer success and the sales teams to address missing documentation or information;
- Conduct deep investigation online and through phone call verifications;
- Process Equifax applications and produce reports;
- Communicate results to the Treasury department for guidance when necessary;
- Coordinate with payment processor companies to obtain merchants’ monthly statements;
- Perform ad hoc administrative tasks when necessary.
Apply if you have the following skill set:
- Post secondary degree in any related field is a must;
- Experience in a similar role is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience working in fast paced environments;
- Results oriented and hungry for success;
- Bilingual (spoken and written) in French and English;
- Looking for a long term career at rapidly growing company;
- Knowledge of Salesforce, MS Outlook, Excel (pivot tables/ v-lookup) is considered a strong asset.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look at our career page for more information!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony;
- Reputable Partners: We work with some of North America's largest banks, payment processors, technology providers and other groups committed to the success of Canadian SMBs including National Bank, CIBC, Equifax, Money Mart. Staples, Moneris and many more to come.