- Montreal, QC, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, We are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit www.thinkingcapital.ca
As the Internal Post Funding Auditor, you will be reporting to the Director of Collections and Account Management. The Internal Auditor will be responsible for providing value-added audit support for the Risk Unit’s ongoing development and execution of process and policy compliance strategies.
You will also be working directly with the Risk department and will be mandated to assist them on special projects aimed at increasing efficiency, tightening internal controls and further protect Thinking Capital against possible losses.
- Execute and report on risk-based internal audits for distribution to senior management and executives;
- Testing of adherence to established risk policies and processes by the Operational Risk and Underwriting units;
- Collaborate on projects related to risk;
- Developing and distributing monthly audit reports highlighting compliance issues, officer-level error rates (processing and input), and recommendations to achieve improvements to risk policies and processes;
- Developing constructive recommendations to auditing function and assess the adequacy of existing controls;
- Participate in the development and enhancement of internal audit approaches/ templates and methodology to optimize the use and effectiveness of team resources;
- Developing constructive recommendations to enriching the audit function, including deep exploration into the adequacy of existing operational risk and underwriting controls and functions.
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, and or other business-related field;
- Professional Designation (CA, CGA, CMA);
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience in a Risk and/or Underwriting role;
- Previous experience in Audit considered an asset;
- Experience in alternative lending environment considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting in a public corporation, operational experience an asset;
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and ethics;
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills;
- Self-motivated and autonomous;
- Ability to deliver on a timely basis;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving, and growing environment;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Team player;
- Interest in understanding the business and contributing to its development;
- Proficiency in use of software applications (Excel, Word, Visio, Idea, JDE, etc.).
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Tech Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure;
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony.