Vice President & National Head of Retail Sales
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who is Purpose Investments:
Purpose Investments is a client-first, independent asset management firm with ~$7B in AUM. We were founded in 2013 on a simple principle: Given access to a better set of investment products, Canadians will be more successful. Purpose offers a suite of novel funds designed to elegantly provide all investors with strategies and access that were previously only available to the most sophisticated of investors. We deliver our funds in a simple, intuitive and affordable manner. In essence, we create the investment products we would want for ourselves.
The ideal candidate will rise to the challenge of growing Purpose into a $20B+ asset manager.
This individual will be responsible for the performance of our team of wholesalers and inside sales representatives, driving the team to deliver sales of our full suite of ETFs, mutual funds and OM funds. He or she will also be responsible for coverage of head offices of our major partners (i.e., national accounts)
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strategically-minded and analytics-first player / coach. He or she will have a passion for building and managing successful advisor relationships, delivering strong financial performance and developing both senior and junior talent. He / she will be comfortable with ambiguity and the demands that naturally arise from rapid growth.
Reporting to the President of Purpose Investments, the Vice President & National Head of Retail Sales will lead our sales efforts to retail investors. Our retail sales efforts are driven primarily through IIROC licensed Investment Advisors across Canada.
- Build and Manage Client Relationships
- Know, understand and help our clients. Working with our Client Experience team, listen to our clients’ feedback, at a Leadership level. Ensure our sales team address their needs, wherever possible. Help IAs be successful with their clients.
- Manage existing client base. Ensure existing clients receive first class service. Act as a first line of defense on redemptions. Support team in proactive client conversations.
- Be a brand ambassador. Represent Purpose’s mission. Communicate our story with stakeholders with passion and authenticity. Help new members of the team buy-in.
- Revenue Growth
- Deliver on ambitious sales targets. Help set periodic sales targets. Ensure team has capabilities and resources to deliver. Remove roadblocks. Cover small groups of clients personally. Ensure buy-in from client head offices.
- Own the sales plan. Create regional sales forecasts and related targets. Embed data and analytics. Connect to product, marketing, PM and operations.
- Develop prospects. Identify “white-space” for our sales team. Prioritize the opportunities given resources available. Execute strategies geared to new clients.
- Talent Development and Mentorship
- Hire well. Lead ongoing recruiting of strong sales professionals. Onboard team members for success. Focus on strength of cultural fit.
- Build capabilities. Coach all members of sales team. Develop both investments knowledge and sales capabilities. Deliver both day-to-day and more feedback.
- Lead by example. Foster a positive, hard-working and results-oriented culture.
- Product Innovation
- Support new products. Work with clients, Sales team and our Product team to identify products our clients both do and do not want. Help develop and test product ideas.
- Support marketing. Contribute to overall marketing strategy. Help prioritize and execute campaigns.
- PI Team Leadership Role
- Help guide Purpose. Be part of the PI leadership team. Actively participate in business decisions to enhance the overall performance of the firm.
- Drive efficiency. Improvement of processes to enhance productivity. Ensure tight integration across teams within Purpose.
- Safeguard the firm. Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- 10+ years of wholesaling experience; consultative selling experience preferred.
- Strong familiarity with both firms and people across the Canadian investments landscape
- Deep experience and fluency with investment products, both ETFs and mutual funds
- Experience managing a team of sales professionals
- Experience with Salesforce
- Analytics-first approach to sales; preference for data informing actions
- Comfort working in a fast growing and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- ‘Winning’ mindset; strong goal orientation
- Ability to travel when required
Purpose Financial LP is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.