Software Quality Assurance - Analyst
- Montreal, QC, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, We are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca.
As an active member of the technology department, you will work within the Software Quality Assurance team to conduct testing, writing, and execution of test cases. The SQA Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that standards, processes, and procedures are properly implemented. This role is pivotal in developing and implementing a standard testing procedures.
- Participate and create testing project test plans.
- Develop and create automated test cases using Zephyr in JIRA.
- Implement Testing Automation using advance selenium skills.
- Responsible for testing financial applications and actively carry out UAT with financial stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management oversight.
- Creates Test Strategy and Test Approach document for releases gets it reviewed by required stakeholders and keeps updating these documents as and when the changes are required.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Work with development team, product owners to ensure requirements are complete and testable.
- Ensure test environment is set up and working prior to QC cycle.
- Provide estimates of testing effort during the sprint planning meeting.
- Develop test plans for web services using tools like SOAP UI, JMeter.
- Develop and execute regression and functional tests.
- Defect Bug tracking.
- Create SQL queries to perform back-end testing.
- Contribute to company strategy for ensuring quality across systems.
- Actively participate in daily SCRUM.
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- Minimum of three years of experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of Financial models an asset
- Experience with Salesforce or any other CRM.
- Background in Computer Science/Quality Systems Engineering.
- Detail oriented with strong troubleshooting skills.
- SQA Testing and Methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of Software Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes and practices.
- Working experience with any of the following automation tools (SOAP UI, JMeter).
- Hands-on experience testing web services.
- Hands-on experience in all testing methodologies (mobile, system, functional, black vs. white box).
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Strong hands on scripting experience.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development/Testing Life Cycle (SDLC/STLC).
- JIRA and Confluence experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of database concepts and client server technology.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Previous experience working in a Software Development environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more).
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony;