Fund Operations Analyst
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who is Purpose Financial:
Purpose Financial is an independent financial services company with an unrelenting focus on customer-centric innovation, delivered through technology-driven solutions. We are developing a diversified product platform aimed at addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose Financial's businesses include Purpose Investments, Thinking Capital, and Purpose Advisor Solutions.
Who is Purpose Investments:
Purpose Investments is an innovation- driven asset management company with over $6 billion under management, offering both managed and quantitative investment products. Much of what is available to the average Canadian investor today is outdated and expensive. Purpose Investments’ goal is to constantly innovate, and make investing simple, intuitive and affordable for everyone.
We are growing the team and are looking for an exceptional individual that is prepared to take on multiple responsibilities to help Purpose investments succeed in its business initiatives. Reporting to the Manager, Fund Operations, the role of a Fund Operations Analyst will involve working within the fund operations team to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail orientated, and looking to grow with the organization.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing organization where you will develop a wide range of experience and be at the core of the company’s growth.
- Daily responsibility of ensuring smooth operation of all Purpose products, including managing the cash balances of each fund, reconciling day-to-day fund performance, and monitoring the currency hedging and leverage programs on the funds.
- Working directly with our portfolio managers to resolve trading issues and ensuring proper settlement of trades.
- Completing monthly fund processes including distribution calculations, management fee calculations, oversight of fund expenses, and other various monthly management reporting items.
- Completing and reviewing the interim and annual financial reports for the funds.
- Coordinating the annual audit work of the investment funds
- Reviewing fund distributions and ensuring tax factors and tax slips are completed correctly
- Supporting the sales team by responding accurately and promptly to client requests for shareholder information.
- Supporting the team in the preparation of legal documents for prospectus filings and fund launches.
- Ad hoc project work as required.
- 1-3 years of direct industry experience is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field, plus actively seeking a professional degree in either accounting or finance (CPA, CFA etc.).
- Experience within the investment fund industry, with a strong knowledge of back office processes for security settlements and investment funds accounting in Canada.
- Investment fund financial reporting and year end fund tax processing is critical.
- Outstanding computer skills and the ability to work with and build financial models.
- A quick learner, able to analyze and interpret data and develop logical solutions.
- Exceptional time management, organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an outgoing personality.
Purpose Financial LP is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.