Human Resources Manager
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who is Purpose Investments:
Purpose Investments is an innovation- driven asset management company with over $6 billion under management, offering both managed and quantitative investment products. Much of what is available to the average Canadian investor today is outdated and expensive. Purpose Investments' goal is to constantly innovate, and make investing simple, intuitive and affordable for everyone.
Working closely with the President, The Human Resources Manager is responsible for establishing strong partnerships by providing strategic support on all of Purpose Investments’ HR affairs.
- Thought leadership. Act as a strategic partner to the President on talent and related business decisions. Set the direction of the HR team.
- Performance management. Continually improve and execute PI-wide calibration and career management. Lead employee engagement efforts.
- Talent acquisition. Oversee recruiting including improving procedures and processes. Own articulation of employee value proposition.
- People development and coaching. Lead and influence development program; assess training needs consistently. Support managers and employees through career and development discussions.
- Committee participation. Be part of Purpose Investment Leadership team and be senior talent representation on multiple talent committees.
- Reporting. Prepare reports and presentations for managers (salaries, employee satisfaction; performance of employees and managers, turnover rates, etc.).
- Systems & Tools. Manage employee files using the internal HR system. Select additional HR tools and create new procedures as needed.
- Willingness to have and express informed and productive points of views;
- Flexibility to operate in ambiguous situations, sometimes with limited guidance;
- Being a self -starter;
- Very high bar on integrity and confidentiality;
- Post-secondary degree in human resources or equivalent in relevant business discipline;
- CHRE certification is a significant asset;
- A minimum of 8 years in a similar role;
- Excellent knowledge of labor laws and HR best practices;
- Experience investigating sensitive, confidential matters and making; recommendations/decisions based upon findings;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written;
- Knowledge Applicant Tracking Systems, an asset;
- Knowledge of financial environments, an asset.
Purpose Financial LP is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.