Team Lead, Software Development
- Montreal, QC, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, We are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit www.thinkingcapital.ca
As a Team Lead, you must have a passion to guide and develop a team of developers, QA engineers, and product owners. You will assist with establishing departmental processes & objectives and effective project execution for your team. This role includes leadership & development, performance management and related administrative functions.
- Manage a full stack team that will deliver high quality, innovative software solutions, in collaboration with stakeholders such as Architects and Support;
- Support the team by providing direction, clarity and by removing obstacles;
- Supervise daily development tasks in the team ranging from prototyping, design, implementation, automated testing, troubleshooting, and third tier customer support;
- Track, analyze and report on team’s progress;
- Manage performance of team members by setting goals and evaluating performance, supporting growth initiative and career planning;
- Drive continuous development process improvements;
- Assume the Scrum Master role for the team (facilitate Agile ceremonies, monitor velocity, ensure the team is working on tickets in sprint based on priority, ensure the team is updating their status);
- Build collaborative relationships with other teams and stakeholders within the organization.
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience;
- 7+ years of experience in the software development industry;
- ;2+ years of experience direct supervision of software development teams
- Certified Scrum Master certification is an asset;
- Experience in an Agile environment and leading scrums;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French;
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills;
- Customer service orientation and good interpersonal skills;
- Strong understanding of business requirements and user experience requirements and be able to question, rationalize and collaborate with all the stakeholders for the best possible products;
- Ability to monitor, measure and mentor teams on their performance and be able to take corrective actions as necessary;
- Energetic personality and experience working at all organizational levels;
- Strong time management and personal organization skills.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look at our career page for more information!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony;
- Reputable Partners: We work with some of North America's largest banks, payment processors, technology providers and other groups committed to the success of Canadian SMBs including National Bank, CIBC, Equifax, Money Mart. Staples, Moneris and many more to come.