- Montreal, QC, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, We are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit www.thinkingcapital.ca
As an active member of the technology department, you will work within the agile team and be responsible for the growth and development of our systems and software that directly impact the success in the daily functions of the business. As an ideal candidate, you will have a proven track record, have the ability and desire to make a difference in a fast-paced talented team and are capable of demonstrating excellent coding ability within an award winning development team.
- Proven ability to independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation and updating as it relates to the SalesForce.com software and system administration;
- Implement new enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows;
- Develop and maintain visualforce, Apex, AppExchanges apps and integration to other third party solutions;
- Maintain multiple user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, etc;
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving CRM and sales operations;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally;
- Identify SFDC usage problems and craft technical / communication plans to IT/business teams;
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as needed.
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred Computer Science);
- 3 - 5 years of experience functioning as a developer;
- Good Experience in Java Technologies;
- JEE, Spring Framework;
- XML and JSON;
- Amazon Cloud (asset);
- UI development in JQUERY, AngularJS (asset) ;
- Web Services SOAP/REST;
- Good understanding of data structures, data modelling, No SQL;
- Good Experience in Design Patterns;
- Experience with UML design and methodology an asset;
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum is preferred;
- Experience with technologies that work with Salesforce.com including: Apex, Visual Force, Workflows, etc (asset);
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look at our career page for more information!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony;
- Reputable Partners: We work with some of North America's largest banks, payment processors, technology providers and other groups committed to the success of Canadian SMBs including National Bank, CIBC, Equifax, Money Mart. Staples, Moneris and many more to come.