Senior Compliance Officer
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who is Purpose Financial?
Purpose Financial is an independent financial services company with an unrelenting focus on customer-centric innovation, delivered through technology-driven solutions. We are developing a diversified product platform aimed at addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose Financial's businesses include Purpose Investments, Thinking Capital, and Purpose Advisor Solutions.
Who is Purpose Investments?
Purpose Investments is an innovation- driven asset management company with over $6 billion under management, offering both managed and quantitative investment products. Much of what is available to the average Canadian investor today is outdated and expensive. Purpose Investments’ goal is to constantly innovate, and make investing simple, intuitive and affordable for everyone.
In this role you will be involved in managing the compliance program for Purpose Investments to ensure compliance with policies and regulatory requirements. The role requires careful record keeping to ensure departments and employees are following policies and procedures and ability to maintain the current policy and procedures manual to meet the evolving compliance regulatory landscape. Assist the business in navigating the compliance framework when creating new products and business opportunities. As the firm grows, the role may correspondingly evolve.
- Maintaining the rules and regulations within the order management system (Bloomberg) to pre-clear trades, as necessary and provide reports to the business;
- Maintain records required under various Purpose Investment policies including:
- Personal Trading
- Proxy Voting
- Anti Money Laundering
- Assist with the prospectus renewal process, including review of fund facts and marketing material from sales;
- Responsible for tracking and coordinating all regulatory filings with outside counsel as applicable;
- Interfacing with CCO and outside counsel, as applicable, to find solutions for the business;
- Assist in the completion of reports for the Independent Review Committee, including semi-annual and quarterly reporting requirements;
- Lead the maintenance and testing of Purpose’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP), and assist in the development of the BCP;
- Lead reviews of various business functions against internal policies and procedures;
- Contribute to the development of internal control process and their implementation and management;
- Contribute to the maintenance and review of the company’s policies and procedures;
- Assist in building a risk-aware and control-conscious culture by contributing to the creation of a consistent integrated risk management framework for the company.
Apply if you have the following skill set:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the investment fund industry with a focus on regulatory compliance and risk monitoring
- University Degree is required
- Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining information accuracy
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new things and to advance in a rapidly growing company
Purpose Financial LP is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.