Front End Developer
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who is Purpose Financial:
Purpose Financial is an independent financial services company with an unrelenting focus on customer-centric innovation, delivered through technology-driven solutions. We are developing a diversified product platform aimed at addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose Financial's businesses include Purpose Investments, Thinking Capital, and Purpose Advisor Solutions.
Who is Purpose Investments:
Purpose Investments is an innovation- driven asset management company with over $6 billion under management, offering both managed and quantitative investment products. Much of what is available to the average Canadian investor today is outdated and expensive. Purpose Investments’ goal is to constantly innovate, and make investing simple, intuitive and affordable for everyone.
We are looking for motivated Front End Developer who is looking to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. If you enjoy working within an agile team, being innovative and are excited about an opportunity to work within a growing company, we would like to speak to you!
As a Front End Developer with Purpose Investments, you will be an important member of the technology team working to develop our innovative digital properties across the business.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing organization where your expert opinions and ideas will be valued and be at the strategic core of the company’s growth.
- Develop business platform, partner API and web applications with focus on continuous improvement;
- Create responsive site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using best HTML/CSS practices and frameworks;
- Identify and troubleshoot online application issues and implement fixes;
- Take ownership of daily project needs and communications;
- Communicate project status and deliverables to managers and internal stakeholders;
- Manage project tasks, timelines, and communication;
- Test and propose innovative technologies and solutions that can better support the business.
- University Degree or demonstrated experience in computer science/software engineering;
- 2+ years proven experience in the design and development of secure Web Applications;
- Working knowledge of software design patterns;
- Proven experience with back-end technologies and framerworks such as: NodeJS, Express, Python;
- Experience developing integrations with REST APIs;
- Experience with source control systems: Git;
- Experience with SQL and DB administration: MySQL, MongoDB;
- Experience writing unit and integration tests;
- Knowledge and Experience with Salesforce is an asset;
- Ability to balance fun with a high personal bar for performance.
Purpose Financial LP is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.