Content & Training Specialist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, leveraging technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, Thinking Capital is transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca.
The Content & Training Specialist is responsible for delivering training and content to internally within Thinking Capital and to our partner organizations to help drive adoption and usage of products. As part of the training team, this role will be accountable for leading partner Learning & Development training initiatives, including design, delivery and management of the programs. The developer trainer will also be responsible for facilitating training internally.
Your responsibilities include:
- Create an engaging learner experience in each training class with various training strategies;
- Lead individual and group training sessions, both within and outside TC;
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods, including classroom-based learning and virtual learning. Create and design Learning & Development Training program in-line with business objectives that support the management team;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and occasionally key vendors to ensure development of engaging, innovative and effective content;
- Prioritize training needs to ensure the business reaches the targets for the set year;
- Ensure that the L&D function offers a quality, innovative, cost effective service;
- Research potential new learning activities and approaches;
- Introduce and implement new training processes and systems to record and review training needs, delivery;
- Participate in the review of the training which is currently offered within TC and ensure that it is fit for purpose, including induction and e-learning packages;
- Assist in the creation of efficient processes to track trainings & performance improvement systems;
- Communicate changes in products, promotions, pricing, campaigns and procedures.
Apply if you have the following profile:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Call center experience is an asset;
- University Degree or equivalent business experience;
- Strong written and spoken skills in both French and English;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to think outside the box and bring innovative ideas;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to adapt to change and drive change;
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce considered an asset.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look at our career page for more information!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony;
- Reputable Partners: We work with some of North America's largest banks, payment processors, technology providers and other groups committed to the success of Canadian SMBs including National Bank, CIBC, Equifax, Money Mart, Staples, Moneris and many more to come.