- Toronto, ON, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, leveraging technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, Thinking Capital is transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role will work on designing a wide variety of things across both digital and offline media. Working with the marketing team you will be tasked with creating graphics that support sales and ongoing partner initiatives to attract new customers. The ideal candidate is creative thinker driven to be innovative in their approach, showing amazing attention to detail and creative new ideas.
- Collaborate with different departments to develop new approaches to creating graphics for the company
- Support partnership activity by kitting existing work and creating new graphics and collateral
- Create new sales collateral (i.e. Cheat sheets, tips and tricks, brochures, presentations...etc.)
- Design new landing pages and email templates for web developer execution
- Work with Marketing to produce creative for new online ad campaigns
- Design other online content like infographics, charts or other visual elements
- Have a working knowledge of video, podcast, animation graphics etc. would be an asset
- Ability to provide insights, recommendations, best practices in design concepts, including web-based insights like CRO (conversion rate optimization) is an asset
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent in Graphic Design
- 4-6 years of creative design experience
- Awesome Typography and production skills
- Solid understanding of design for Marketing purposes (including effective use of photo and copy)
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Figma, Invision)
- Specialized knowledge of methods and techniques of graphic design layout
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while respecting deadlines
- Understanding of web design with regards to optimization and mobile responsiveness
- Excellent communication skills
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look at our career page for more information!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on it's diversity and harmony;
- Reputable Partners: We work with some of North America's largest banks, payment processors, technology providers and other groups committed to the success of Canadian SMBs including National Bank, CIBC, Equifax, Money Mart. Staples, Moneris and many more to come.