Content Marketing Specialist
- Toronto, ON, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, leveraging technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, Thinking Capital is transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and managing Thinking Capital’s lead nurturing & conversion content and be our company’s voice. The successful candidate will track the effectiveness of organic lead generation efforts and provide recommendations on trends, best practices and evolving methodologies in content marketing. You will assist with blog and email writing, content-related initiatives and regularly updating the editorial calendar to support Marketing and Sales goals, while taking ownership of the results.
- Responsible for SEO channel, managing day-to-day agency partner relationship
- Optimizing content for thinkingcapital.ca, implementing recommendations to improve relevancy score, conversion, rates, etc. for tc.ca
- Develop copy for marketing activities, including but not limited to:
- Social media posts
- All digital properties (Web ads, TC.ca, email campaigns, newsletters, etc.
- Content for lead nurturing campaigns – various pieces for various stages of the
- lead funnel (short and long)
- Written copy for collateral and sales enablement tools
- Partner related initiative to drive awareness, engagement and conversion
- PR related materials
- Trade show profiles, etc.
- Online customer review replies
- Content for blogs, video scripts, podcasts, etc.
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- 4+ years of content marketing in a B2B and/or tech environment. Bonus points for experience in both worlds
- Post-secondary degree: a degree in Business or related field is a plus
- Customer-centric: you always put yourself in the customer’s shoes and leverage customer insights to inform your thinking
- Analytical: you can take complex information and translate it to make data-driven decisions. You like to dive deep into the exciting world of Google Analytics
- Content expert: you’re an expert in B2B content development and distribution/syndication for lead generation (articles, blogs, emails, newsletters etc.) while leveraging SEO best practices
- Social media butterfly: you’re an expert at growing and managing B2B social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Passion and proven history for connecting with people through stories and social media
- Story teller: you can concisely, compellingly and creatively tell stories with excellent writing and editing skills
- Passionate: you are programmed to take initiative to learn and get things done
- Looking for a long-term career in a fast-paced dynamic environment with high ambition for growth
- Bilingual: Bonus points for written and spoken fluency in English and Français
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look at our career page for more information!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on it's diversity and harmony;
- Reputable Partners: We work with some of North America's largest banks, payment processors, technology providers and other groups committed to the success of Canadian SMBs including National Bank, CIBC, Equifax, Money Mart. Staples, Moneris and many more to come.