Digital (SEM) Marketing Manager
- Toronto, ON, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, leveraging technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, Thinking Capital is transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca
We are looking for a passionate SEM/Digital Marketing Manager to join our team. If you enjoy being innovative, collaborating with a team, and are excited about an opportunity to work within a growing company, we would like to speak to you!
As a Digital Marketing Leader at Thinking Capital, you will be a pivotal member of the team responsible for implementing digital marketing strategy in support of our paid search/social activities, offering insight and leadership to the business stakeholders (sales, product, technology, etc.). You have a keen eye for detail, can take raw data and convert it to “tell a story” and can make quick decisions to ensure optimal spend/ROI.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment within a quickly growing company.
- Responsible for managing digital channel, in particular paid search (SEM)
- Manage day-to-day relationship with our agency partner to ensure optimal spend to generate maximum number of leads, provide recommendations whenever possible
- Generate effective reporting/analytics, leveraging existing data sources (i.e. GA, Pardot, etc.) to provide keen insights on what is working and what can be improved and why
- Managing thinkingcapital.ca website, posting content (copy, banners, images) on site (leveraging CMS tool)
- Work with Content Marketing Manager to optimize site by implementing recommendations provided by SEO agency in a timely manner
- Work with content writer to improve copy on site to increase relevancy score for SEO/SEM
- Work with Acquisition Marketing Lead to help increase number of leads that are generated
- Ability to provide insights/recommendations around email/social media marketing is big plus
- Understand the TC business model, working with internal data team to understand the funnel
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- Paid search expert, via 5-7 years’ experience on either agency and/or client side
- Deep understanding of digital marketing strategy across all platforms and communication channels (ex: analytical tools, ad tech, etc.)
- A self-starter who enjoys taking on technical challenges and embraces new opportunities;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects;
- Excellent communication skills by taking digital/social insights and translating to common business language – with recommendations/suggestions;
- Deep understanding of digital marketing strategy across all platforms and communication channels (ex: analytical tools, ad tech and content creation)
- BA/BS/BComm degree or equivalent working experience
- Google Analytics Certification would be considered an asset
- Experience with Wordpress, or other CMS is considered an asset;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; proven ability to leverage data in decision making;
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and clearly explain them to others;
- Someone who is prefers shades of gray over black and white;
- Natural collaborator that seeks out complimentary skill sets on your team in order to create synergies;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- High level understanding of required technological efforts that need to be built;
- Bilingual (Written & Spoken) in French & English.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look at our career page for more information!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on it's diversity and harmony;
- Reputable Partners: We work with some of North America's largest banks, payment processors, technology providers and other groups committed to the success of Canadian SMBs including National Bank, CIBC, Equifax, Money Mart. Staples, Moneris and many more to come.