Front End Developer
- Montreal, Canada
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, We are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit www.thinkingcapital.ca
Reporting to the team lead, this role will work on the “client side” of our web applications. You will be part of an agile team that is working with state of the art technologies in a leading tech company. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with a strong background in user experience definition and user interface design.
- Creation of site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices;
- Supporting existing web applications with focus on continuous improvement;
- Implement design and content modifications to website templates as well as numerous interactive electronic forms in HTML and PDF;
- Identify and troubleshoot online application errors; implement fixes and resolve issues;
- Create and update electronic forms;
- Create email templates, landing pages and other communication pieces, based on designs;
- Take ownership of daily project needs and communications;
- Placement and layout of web site pages based on content that has been provided;
- Test and propose innovative technologies and solutions that can better support the business.
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- University Degree or equivalent experience in computer science, programming or related field;
- 5+ years proven experience in development of web technologies;
- Well versed in dynamic languages: PHP JSP & .NET;
- Working knowledge of JSON & XML;
- Working knowledge of Angular;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- JIRA knowledge;
- Knowledge and Experience with salesforce.com is an asset;
- Bilingual (spoken and written) in French and English;
- Experience with object oriented programming languages an asset.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team: Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look at our career page for more information!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on it's diversity and harmony;