Talent Management Coordinator
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, leveraging technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, Thinking Capital is transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Management, the Talent Management Coordinator will support the talent team in various talent related activities related to recruiting, organizational development, training and development and other administrative tasks within the talent team. The ideal candidate is someone looking to grow and build a career in human resources and is ambitious to take on further challenges as the responsibilities of the role progress.
Your responsibilities include:
1- Organizational Development and Administration:
- Support the Chief Talent Officer in coordinating leadership training sessions and preparing necessary documentation and communication with internal leaders;
- Manage the annual training 1% file;
- Manage the scheduling process for employees interested in a Professional Development Plan and track their progress by updating the trackers;
- Coordinate the mentoring program (matching process, touch-points with mentees and mentors, etc.);
- Liaise with other talent team members to communicate new hires’ details;
- Assist and liaise with hiring managers to prepare new hires’ onboarding plans;
- Maintain updated records on various talent management tools such as 15five (performance management), Litmos (Learning Management System), Smart Recruiters (Application Tracking System);
- Support the rest of the talent team in adhoc research tasks.
2- Recruiting Activities:
- Manage the interview scheduling process coordinating with candidates and hiring managers;
- Post and manage job postings on Smart Recruiters and other job boards;
- Administer personality assessment and skill tests to prospective candidates;
- Conduct thorough reference and background checks with previous employers;
- Perform sourcing campaigns on LinkedIn targeting profiles for specific roles;
- Assist in organizing various recruiting events such as; networking events, university info sessions, and assessment days;
- Participate in ad hoc projects as it pertains to recruitment activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business-related field;
- 1-2 years experience in a support role within an HR team;
- Passionate about human resources and have the ambition to build a long-term career in the field;
- Curious mind with a getter mentality looking to make a real impact in employees’ careers and experience;
- A relationship builder with a keen interest in human behavior;
- Good written and verbal communication skills - Bilingual (French & English);
- Easily embraces change and demonstrates flexibility when direction or priorities shift;
- Ability to work in fast paced environments while maintaining close attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look at our career page for more information!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony.