Manager Financial Reporting & Tax
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Who is Purpose Financial:
Purpose Financial is an independent financial services company with an unrelenting focus on customer-centric innovation, delivered through technology-driven solutions. We are developing a diversified product platform aimed at addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose Financial's businesses include Purpose Investments, Thinking Capital, and Purpose Advisor Solutions
Purpose is looking for an exceptional individual that is prepared to take on multiple responsibilities to help Purpose succeed in its business initiatives. The role will involve the individual working within the fund operations team and supporting as needed the corporate finance, compliance & legal and product teams to achieve daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail orientated, and looking to grow with the organization.
Overview of some tasks and processes assigned to the roll:
- Responsibilities will include ensuring the smooth performance of all Purpose and affiliate products, assisting on the daily, monthly and annual operations of the funds from both a tax and accounting standpoint;
- Completing monthly fund processes including distribution calculations, management fee calculations, oversight of fund expenses, and other monthly management reporting items;
- Coordinating the financial reporting of over 50 investment funds on a annual and interim basis;
- Work with management on new product concepts and launching new products;
- Developing and automating key tax and accounting oversight models to ensure the success of the company and the funds;
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly and annual corporate and fund management reporting including participating in board meetings as needed;
- Supporting the teams in the preparation of documents for prospectus filings, renewals and fund launches;
- Being a key part of the operation team and assisting in the monthly and annual finance procedures for the company as well as the funds;
- Ad hoc project work as required.
- 3-5 years of investment industry experience is a must;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field, plus possesses or is actively working towards a professional degree in either accounting or finance (CPA, CFA etc.);
- Direct experience within the investment fund industry, with a strong knowledge of investment funds financial reporting and tax reporting within the regulatory and accounting standards rules for Canadian Investment Funds;
- An understanding of the CRA tax act and experience completing Mutual Fund Trust and Mutual Fund Corp distributions, tax slips and tax returns;
- Outstanding computer skills and the ability to work with and build financial models;
- A quick learner with the ability to analyze and interpret various data and develop logical solutions;
- Exceptional time management, organizational and multi-tasking abilities;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an outgoing personality.
Purpose Financial LP is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.