- Toronto, ON, Canada
Purpose Financial is an independent financial services company with an unrelenting focus on customer-centric innovation, delivered through technology-driven solutions. We are developing a diversified product platform aimed at addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose Financial's businesses include Purpose Investments, Thinking Capital, and Purpose Advisor Solutions.
We are looking for a professional and passionate Executive Assistant to the CEO and President of Purpose Financial. If you are an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and excited about taking on a unique opportunity with a growing company, we would like to speak with you.
As an Executive Assistant with Purpose Financial, you will primarily provide day to day administrative support to the CEO and President of the company. Your responsibilities will range from maintaining the daily calendars, organizing and taking minutes at meetings and making travel arrangements. The successful candidate will be highly organized with great communication skills and will ensure sensitivity to all confidential information.
- Provide ongoing support to the CEO, demonstrating both initiative and accuracy;
- Represent the CEO and the organization in a professional manner, in ensuring clear communication skills, both verbal and written, to internal and external stakeholders;
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, interviews and conference calls for the CEO;
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and ensure precision and good judgement when scheduling appointments and meetings;
- Organize management meetings and take detailed minutes;
- Exercise full discretion when handling confidential information related to the business or other matters;
- Interact with all levels of management, internal departments, all business entities, customers and guests;
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for the CEO, business partners and guests (Flights, Hotels, Limo Service, etc) and provide any necessary follow up and documentation;
- Manage expenses for the CEO this includes; collect receipts, maintain records and submit documentation to the accounting team;
- Gather all relative information to prepare PowerPoint presentations and other materials and documentation prior to and after important meetings;
- Prepare reports, memos and letters and other materials for management;
- Respond to correspondence by phone and email from internal and external parties on behalf of the CEO, if required;
- Responsible for the filing, record keeping, general administrative support and other related projects as required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience assisting C-level executives is a must;
- Must be an adaptable team player who thrives in working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong sense of sensitivity to confidential information;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Information gathering and monitoring skills;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact will all levels of the organization and customers in a professional and respectful manner;
- Proficient in computer programs, specifically MS Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word);
- Ability to make decisions within defined limits.
About Som Seif:
Som Seif is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Purpose Investments (part of Purpose Financial), which he formed following the sale of Claymore Investments to BlackRock Inc. in March 2012.
Som is an inspiring leader in the financial industry and has strong commitment to the community. He is currently an active member of the Sunnybrook Hospital Foundation Board, Chair of the Art Gallery of Ontario Corporate Development Committee, a member of the Art Gallery of Ontario’s Foundation Board and University of Toronto Mechanical & Industrial Engineering Advisory Board, and a board member of The Next 36. In 2011, Som was recognized for his vision and leadership by Caldwell Partners International with the Top 40 Under 40 award.
Purpose Financial LP is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.