Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, leveraging technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, Thinking Capital is transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca
As an active member of the technology department, you will work within the Software Quality Assurance team to conduct testing, writing, and execution of test cases. The SQA Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that standards, processes, and procedures are properly implemented. This role is pivotal in developing and implementing a standard testing procedures.
- Analyze requirements to derive Test Scenarios from functional & technical requirements to fully cover the scope of Test Coverage of product/project deliverables;
- Test Analysis, Design, Implementation and Execution (Manual and Automated);
- Implement automated test cases both Front-end and back-end Test Automation and maintain Test codes on Bitbucket;
- Work with development team and product owner to ensure requirements are complete and testable;
- Ensure Quality on all environments;
- Attend daily Scrum meetings and Agile ceremonies for constant QA feedback at every stage of implementations;
- Provide estimates of testing effort during the sprint planning meeting;
- Develop and maintain test plans and test cases;
- Execute the different type of Tests per required;
- Run manual tests and develop automated regression tests;;
- Bug reporting & validation;
- Create SQL queries to perform back-end database testing;
- Participate in Smoke Test of Deliverables on Deployment night of Releases.
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- Minimum of five years of experience in a similar role;
- Detail oriented with good problem solving skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment;
- Previous experience working in a Software Quality environment using Agile Methodology;
- SQA Testing and Methodologies;
- Deep Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance processes, practices and standards;
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery and adapting QA needs for continuous in-built Quality through Continuous Development & Continuous release cycles;
- Work experience with the following Test Automation tools- Selenium web driver, Jmeter, Postman and Cucumber framework with Gherkins using BDD methodology.
- Other Technology/Tools Knowledge :
- Test Management Tool e.g Zephr, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, SQL, GIT, Jenkins, SalesForce as an asset.
- System Integrated Testing experience in complex environments with multiple systems; integrated together ranging from Front-end applications, services, Data integrations and CRM;
- UI and Compatibility Test experience;
- Well versed in testing methodologies (black box vs. white box);
- Good understanding of Agile development;
- Solid experience with different type of Test – Mobile, Functional Test, Regression & Smoke Test, Integration Tests, Usability Tests, Performance & Load Test, Back-end Test (Services Tests & Data integration Tests);
- Good scripting experience to automate Tests scenarios;
- Strong understanding of the Software Development/Testing Life Cycle (SDLC/STLC);
- Knowledge of database concepts and Data Validation with strong SQL skills;
- Bilingualism (French and English) Mandatory.
Additional skills required:
- Extensive experience on back-end testing, including testing of APIs, services;
- Experience in industry with Pricing/Financial project is an asset;
- Strong ability to learn new technologies to automate Services tests.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on it's diversity and harmony;
- Reputable Partners: We work with some of North America's largest banks, payment processors, technology providers and other groups committed to the success of Canadian SMBs including National Bank, CIBC, Equifax, Money Mart. Staples, Moneris and many more to come.