- Montreal, QC, Canada
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, leveraging technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, Thinking Capital is transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca
Reporting to Account Management Supervisor, this is a key position in conducting account risk analysis through pre-security evaluation process. It includes working directly with clients to complete financial security questions, application evaluation and account delinquency prevention. The ideal candidate is someone who excels in a fast-paced, high performance environment, who is dynamic and capable of completing time sensitive goals and who is looking to grow within our credit and collections team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Verifying all financial details with merchants for risk evaluation;
- Communicate with underwriting department of irregularities;
- Liaise between departments to ensure deal coordination details are secured;
- Research merchant legal histories, as required for underwriting process;
- Work with investigations team to coordinate legal, transaction investigations and site visit coordination.
Apply if you have the following skill set:
- 1 to 2 years in a similar role;
- Experience in a phone based role (sales, customer service or collections) is a major asset;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proven tenacity to assist merchants when dealing with sensitive financial matters;
- Ability to identify and negotiate potential credit issues with clients;
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Detailed oriented with superior organizational skills;
- Bilingual (spoken and written) in French and English;
- Computer savvy (Excel, MS Word, Salesforce).
- Ability to work in a high pace environment.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
• Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
• FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
• Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
• Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
• Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Ping Pong table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). For more information, take a look to our career page!
• Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
• Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony; • Reputable Partners:
We work with some of North America's largest banks, payment processors, technology providers and other groups committed to the success of Canadian SMBs including National Bank, CIBC, Equifax, Money Mart. Staples, Moneris and many more to come.