Office Management Coordinator - Part-Time
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, leveraging technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, Thinking Capital is transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca
About the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Talent Officer, you will be responsible for the day to day, general management of our office space, making sure everything is functional. From maintaining the coffee machines (on 3 different floors), to managing and following up on kitchen inventory, to assisting in the coordination of internal events (birthdays and other), and even coordinating custodial services with external partners, you will be the go-to contact.
Since you’ll be with us on a part-time basis (20 hours/weekly, Monday through Friday - mornings), as the ideal candidate, your prior experience in office management brings great organizational skill and fantastic attention to detail. What’s even better is that you have an ability to be able to think outside the box in finding solutions to tasks in a very proactive and efficient way. We really appreciate how unafraid you are in getting your hands dirty, taking initiatives in making our workspaces the best they can be. Oh, and being a morning person, helps!
Your responsibilities include:
- Coordinating custodial services with external partners;
- Ensuring the general maintenance of all common spaces, meeting rooms & kitchen area;
- Maintaining the coffee machines on all floors;
- Manage mail & courier distribution (Go to post office when required);
- Coordinate travel bookings for all non-executive staff;
- Prepare and edit administrative documents;
- Manage office furniture orders;
- Maintenance of all office equipment including photocopiers;
- Seasonal decoration of the office.
Apply if you have the following skill set:
- 1-2 years of experience in an office setting;
- High level of organizational skills with great attention to detail;
- Excellent customer service approach;
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of urgency;
- Results oriented;
- Experience in MS Outlook (Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
- Perfectly bilingual in French and English.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Great Team: Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution: Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Fast-Paced Environment: Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture: Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look at our career page for more information;
- Thinking Capital Academy: Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team: Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on it's diversity and harmony;
- Reputable Partners: We work with some of North America's largest banks, payment processors, technology providers and other groups committed to the success of Canadian SMBs including National Bank, CIBC, Equifax, Money Mart. Staples, Moneris and many more to come.