Cybersecurity Analyst - Internship
- Atlanta, GA
PurpleBox is the leading management consulting company that focuses on solving business problems utilizing new technologies. We provide Cloud Computing and Cybersecurity services that help businesses run their business more efficiently.
* Run daily processes and tools for managing cybersecurity
* Perform security assessments of IT systems
* Perform security assessments of web applications and mobile applications.
* Attend trainings and do independent research on:
- Vulnerability Assessment tools
- Web and Mobile Application Security and Penetration Testing
- Contribute to research and and new tool development
* Write, review, and edit security assessment reports.
* Commit 12 hours per week to your assignments.
* Availability to attend the occasional onsite trainings/events/meetings.
* Assist with other cybersecurity initiatives.
* Must have knowledge and understanding of basic IT networking and web application technologies
* Experience with system administration (Windows/Linux, Database), open source technologies, scripting languages or web application development is a plus.
* Familiarity or willingness to learn the basics of vulnerability assessment scanners such as Qualys, nessus, and others.
* Familiarity or willingness to learn basics of a programming language and or web framework: PHP, JScript, Java, Python, RoR, ASP.NET.
* Understand basic application security testing methodologies
* Ability to meet bi-monthly for team meetings.
* Report on weekly accomplishments.
* Reliable Transportation.
* Computer or Laptop.
* Great follow up skills.
* Must be self-sufficient and motivated to deliver tasks independently. Self-starter and resourceful.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.