Software Engineer (Python/Java) Level 3- Remote
pureIntegration is looking for a Software Engineer (Python/Java) Level 3 - Remote to assist with the design, engineering, and software development of video ad insertion systems. The platform has high visibility, as it is integral to our client's video delivery platforms.
The ideal candidate will be able to design, develop, modify, enhance, and implement software systems to support new or existing business initiatives. The candidate should have mastery of various development tools. Perform maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice on existing software solutions.
Location: Remote with occasional travel to client office in Denver, CO.
Work Arrangement: FTE, W2 Hourly, or 1099 Contract Role
Work Authorization: EAD, GC & USCIT
- Actively and consistently support efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Code and perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Code, test, debug, and enhance software according to specifications and define specifications for complex programs.
- Monitor and repair critical systems on an as-needed basis.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Serve as an escalation point to resolve incidents and problems for production applications and web services supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements.
- Collaborate with internal customers, and technical and architecture teams to solve complex software problems.
- Provide system users and management with system analysis and improvement recommendations.
- Identify and recommend system design/requirements needs for software enhancements.
- Implement, monitor, test, and audit new software programs to maximize the efficiency of software systems.
- Participate in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes and/or standards.
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years of IT, and Software Development Methodologies
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MySQL, or similar technologies.
- Extensive experience with open source and commercial RDMS and NoSQL databases and MQ technologies.
- Extensive experience working with DevOps engineers to build and deploy infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Experience with programming languages (Python and Java preferred), scripting languages (Perl, Shell), and building APIs and services using prevailing design models (REST, SOAP).
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Big Brother, Hobbit, Solar Winds, NetCool, etc.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies, and software security principles and patterns
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with build automation technologies (Team City, Jenkins).
- Strong understanding of AWS.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Must be capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Experience working with microservice platforms running video delivery services
- Cable and video Industry experience; specifically, with Dynamic Ad Insertion and/or Video Delivery Pipelines
- Experience with Java and Scala programming languages.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? pureIntegration would love to hear from you - your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, headquartered in the Washington DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. In over 19 years delivering Digital Transformation consulting and professional services, pureIntegration has successfully designed, integrated, and deployed winning solutions at scale which have resulted in measurable performance increases for our clients. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating annually.
As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.