Java Developer, Senior - Remote (2)
pureIntegration, a technology consulting firm with 18+ years of experience servicing fortune 100 clients, is seeking a Senior Java Developer (Microservices, AWS) to join our growing team developing video platforms that handle billions of requests and millions of users. The team designs, develops, delivers innovative products and services that are essential to bringing Internet, TV and voice to more than 28 million residential and business customers.
We are looking for an engineer who is able to listen to Users, understand technical requirements, collaborate on solutions, and deliver technology services in a high velocity, dynamic, "always on" environment. As a member of our team, you will work with other engineers to design, develop, and scale sophisticated high-volume REST API’s and microservices.
Location: 100% Remote
Work Arrangement: Full Time Employee (FTE).
Work Authorization: CPT, OPT/EAD, GC, US Citizens. We don’t accept or work with C2C contractors.
Visa Sponsorship: CPT, OPT/EAD - pureIntegration is sponsoring Visa applicants of all kinds. We will assist in your paperwork applications and for qualified applicants MAY assist with your Green Card application (NO C2C)
Responsibilities range from high-level logical architecture through low-level detailed design and implementation, including:
- Design, build and scale sophisticated high-volume server-side applications and frameworks.
- Translate high-level requirements to actionable tasks/deliverables.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit-tested, code reviewed, and continuously integrated.
- Write reusable, testable, and maintainable code.
- Write code that meets functional requirements and is testable and maintainable.
- Collaborate with QA in test planning and test coverage.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specifications and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with DevOps and CI/CD in operational visibility, triaging incidents, and deployment planning.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
- Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Produce technical designs and documentation at varying levels of granularity.
- 8+ years hands on experience with Java software development using Spring, and REST based architecture.
- Proficiency with object-oriented development, data modeling, and design patterns.
- Experience with AWS Lambda.
- Experience with SQL and No/SQL databases.
- Proficient in writing database queries.
- Fundamental understanding of Agile methodology and software delivery via CI/CD
- Fundamental understanding of testing methodologies and frameworks
- Strong technical written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in mentoring Junior team members.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
- A sense of ownership, initiative, and drive and a love of learning!
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with cloud computing (AWS, GCP, Cloudfoundry, OpenStack).
- UNIX background
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the Washington DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating.
As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
In over 18 years of Digital Transformation consulting and professional services, pureIntegration has successfully designed, integrated, and deployed winning solutions at scale which have resulted in measurable performance increases. Most importantly, we have done it while maintaining 97% client satisfaction for the past 18 years. With a rich heritage in Communications, Media and Entertainment, our diverse and expanding portfolio includes Fortune 500 enterprises spanning Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance, CPG, Healthcare, Logistics and other select verticals.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.