Technical Support Analyst
- 855 Main St, Bridgeport, CT 06604, USA
Pulse Commerce is the leading cloud platform for enterprise order & inventory management empowering retail leaders with unprecedented visibility and control of inventory, orders and customers. Our vision is to make ecommerce 100x more efficient. This means faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, lower cost of operations for merchants and fewer carbon emissions for a greener planet.
Online customers now expect FREE and FAST shipping. But the reality for retailers is, shipping is not free. It is the second biggest drain on their profits after inventory. The Pulse Commerce team is on a mission to help online retailers improve their profit margin and competitiveness without compromising their customer commitments. We are currently in private βeta of a disruptive B2B network backed by 10 U.S. patents to enable retailers to better compete in today’s world of ‘free and fast’ shipping. We are looking for remarkable people to join our team.
If you like technical challenges and solving real-world software problems, then you will enjoy working here. Are you searching for an opportunity, not just a job, where as the company grows you can grow professionally? This position is open to any experience level, and we welcome all applicants regardless of current work or educational experience. As this support team is dynamic and cross trained on many different technologies, someone with Microsoft .NET, IT, eCommerce, AWS or other related skill sets will receive immediate consideration. Prior experience with web technology is highly valued.
As a Technical Support Agent for Pulse Commerce you will identify, research, report, and resolve technical challenges for our customers so they can sell more of their tangible goods on the internet. Our web based ecommerce software is cutting edge, so the issues you'll be dealing deal with on a daily basis will be fresh and interesting. As you work to help merchants overcome technical challenges, you will grow in your professional knowledge and master a wide variety of applications and Internet technologies that we and our partners use to deliver a delightful ecommerce experience.
- Track, respond to, and resolve customer functional and technical issues
- Ability to support and troubleshoot e-commerce transactions
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot basic XML, HTML, JS and CSS
- Take ownership of a customer issue from initial contact to resolution
- Perform standard customer implementations
- Provide subject matter expertise for all functional and technical aspects of the Pulse Commerce solution
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external resources to provide resolution to problems to facilitate overall customer satisfaction
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers and personnel
- Document and report on all web related and resolution activities
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge on pertinent web applications and other technology tools
- Maintain a high level of process knowledge on technical support procedures
- Assist in testing updates to existing web applications and perform (QA) user acceptance testing for new applications
- Ability to learn and incorporate new concepts and ideas quickly
- Demonstrated strong technical acumen for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Must be able to quickly assess issues and react to changing circumstances and new information
- Must have ability to quickly learn and operate new software
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within software industry
- Must be able to communicate effectively with skills such as empathetic and active listening, and ability to clearly and patiently articulate solutions
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, including prioritizing and multi-tasking while paying close attention to detail
- Ability to work with difficult customers
- This is a customer facing role, and both verbal and written communication in US English is frequently required to convey complex technical information.
- Familiarity and/or ability to learn the following technologies:
- Microsoft .NET / C# / ASP
- Microsoft® Windows® Server (2008 and 2012)
- Internet Information Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Ecommerce Websites / Platforms / CMS
- Windows Security and Internet Protocols: FTPs, SMTP, DNS, etc.
- Technical software product support via telephone, e-mail, and the Internet
- Previously used customer relationship management (CRM) / Contact Center software system desirable
- Detail oriented: ensures high-quality client experience
- Strong work ethic
- Customer oriented
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Calm demeanor
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, MIS, Computer Science, Business or 2 years of related professional experience.
We are easily accessible by public transportation and conveniently located within a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Metro-North train station.
Fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
A snack filled kitchen and fridge + free lunch Fridays + monthly company happy hours + quarterly company family outings!
Fun, energetic and highly driven colleagues.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes skill assessments, a practical assignment, a background check and in-person interview to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.
Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters please.