Startup Head of Growth
- 855 Main Street, Suite 400, Bridgeport, CONNECTICUT, us
Pulse Commerce is the leading cloud platform for enterprise order & inventory management empowering retail leaders with unprecedented visibility and control of inventory, orders and customers. Our vision is to make ecommerce 100x more efficient. This means faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, lower cost of operations for merchants and fewer carbon emissions for a greener planet.
Online customers now expect FREE and FAST shipping. But the reality for retailers is, shipping is not free. It is the second biggest drain on their profits after inventory. The Pulse Commerce team is on a mission to help online retailers improve their profit margin and competitiveness without compromising their customer commitments. We are currently in private βeta of a disruptive new B2B network backed by 10 U.S. patents to enable retailers to better compete in today’s world of ‘free and fast’ shipping. We are looking for remarkable people to join our team.
Pulse Commerce is seeking an experienced growth guru with a passion for analytics, marketing and product development to drive the future of our new patented (6 US Patents Awarded, 4 Pending) application currently in private βeta. The qualified candidate will have proven abilities in leadership, creativity, strategic thinking and quantitative reasoning along with an intimate knowledge of our business model and customer acquisition channels.
As the head of growth you will define the company’s growth plan, coordinate and execute growth programs and optimize our revenue funnel. You’ll build the playbook on explosive growth and work cross-functionally with engineering, design, analytics, product management, operations and marketing to design and execute growth initiatives.
Have you ever wanted to be in on the ground floor of an aggressive growth situation? Pulse Commerce is growing rapidly and this is your opportunity to shine!
What is the role?
- Create the infrastructure that enables analysis of user behavior, scientific experimentation and targeted promotions
- Collaborate with the leadership team and key stakeholders across the organization to prioritize growth initiatives and product changes and align them with the product roadmap, sales initiatives, and the overall growth strategy of the business.
- Create and manage an editorial process that produces content that will engage, educate and drive conversations on our website and social media properties.
- Combine data, technology, and behavioral insights to build innovative acquisition programs that drive growth by identifying qualified customers and subsequently engaging and retaining them.
- Facilitate qualitative analysis and user interviews to gain a deep understanding of user needs, habits and perceptions.
- Attract, retain, and develop marketing talent. Establish expectations and create an environment which supports and enables high-performance by both teams and individuals.
- Design and implement strategies to grow our user base eg. developing exciting partnerships with cool brands, creating awesome content, building a social media voice, etc.
- Analyze all aspects of our marketing/sales funnel to identify the largest areas for improvement and implement strategies to take advantage of these opportunities
- Organize community events to promote our brand using 21st century skills, including creating/organizing/promoting meetups and workshops
Essential Skills, Experience & Education
- 10+ years experience managing and scaling marketing teams and related technologies
- Startup experience a must
- Highly analytical and data-driven
- Experience working in a fast-growing, b2b-focused early stage businesses
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Significant experience and expertise in data analysis, web analytics, A/B and multivariate testing, LTV/CAC modeling, etc.
- Experience identifying target audiences, working with customer segmentation and personalization, and creating campaign strategies to effectively reach the desired segments
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge and/or experience with Ecommerce, Shipping/Logistics and Order Management Solutions a big plus
- Proven ability to implement and fully leverage marketing automation platforms like Hubspot, Pardot or Marketo
What it takes to catch our eye
- 3-4+ years of acquisition experience, especially in online SMBs, channel management and offline marketing
- Background in B2B SaaS, marketplace and/or subscription products
- Deep understanding of optimization tactics (bidding, creative), metrics (CAC/LTV, CPA, ROAS), tracking and attribution
How to really knock our socks off
- Experience with budget planning, forecasting and market sizing
- A growth mindset of always testing, learning and scaling with an eagerness of getting things done
- Strong analytical skills with a data-driven approach in understanding performance, down funnel metrics and channel optimization, experience with SQL a plus
Ready to put a ding in the universe? Come join us in our journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar ecommerce market in ways never imagined before!
We are easily accessible by public transportation and conveniently located within a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Metro-North train station.
Fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
A snack filled kitchen and fridge + free lunch Fridays + monthly company happy hours + quarterly company family outings!
Fun, energetic and highly driven colleagues.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes skill assessments, a practical assignment, a background check and in-person interview to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.
Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters please.