Sr. Operations Research Analyst
- 855 Main Street, Suite 400, Bridgeport, CT, us
Pulse Commerce is the leading cloud platform for enterprise order & inventory management empowering retail leaders with unprecedented visibility and control of inventory, orders, and customers. Our vision is to make e-commerce 100x more efficient. This means faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, lower cost of operations for merchants and less carbon emission for a greener planet.
We are an organically grown company, profitable since inception. We pride ourselves on providing our team a challenging and highly energetic work environment where they learn something new every day.
Pulse Commerce is seeking a Senior Operations Research Analyst with strong numerical optimization and analysis skills and practical modeling experience to disrupt traditional logistics and drive the future of our new patented (6 US Patents Awarded) application launching soon. The qualified candidate will have prior experience implementing numerical optimization methods designed for vehicle routing and combinatorial optimization.
You'll design and develop algorithms, metaheuristics and software architecture for our next generation e-commerce optimization and routing engine. You'll select, validate, prototype, test and then implement complex algorithms designed for high-performance combinatorial optimization problems in the supply-chain. You will work closely with business stakeholders, and software engineers to implement and radically improve the accuracy and performance of our software so it can serve many concurrent participants in a large-scale B2B network.
Ready to put a ding in the universe? Come join us on our journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar e-commerce market in ways never imagined before!
- An advanced degree (M.S., PhD preferred) in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience designing and implementing optimization models for discrete optimization problems (e.g., vehicle routing, graph theory, facility location) and experience with leveraging such models to provide guidance for strategic and tactical business decision making.
- Good understanding of Linear and Mixed Integer Programming (MIP) numerical programming techniques to leverage commercial algorithms and adapt them as required.
- A working knowledge of smooth and non-smooth optimization methods accompanied by associated expertise in the use of tools and technology (e.g. CPLEX, Gurobi, XPRESS).
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and business people.
- Familiarity with SQL and experience with very large-scale data. The ability to manipulate data by writing scripts (Perl, Ruby, Groovy) a plus.
- Statistical analysis, machine learning and data-modeling in a database environment a plus.
- Experience writing supply chain and inventory optimization models and applying optimization models for strategic and tactical business decisions a plus.
We are easily accessible by public transportation and conveniently located within a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Metro-North train station.
Fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
A snack filled kitchen and fridge + free lunch Fridays + monthly company happy hours + quarterly company family outings!
Fun, energetic and highly driven colleagues.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes skill assessments, a background check and in-person interview to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.