- Atlanta, GA, USA
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, Delta, Porsche, QVC, American Cancer Society, Ocean Spray, Wells Fargo, The Coca-Cola Company, The North Face, Nike, Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, and Cisco Systems.
Use your storytelling prowess and knack for persuasion to create memorable, effective, and award-winning ad campaigns. Be a mentor and creative Sherpa to younger writers.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develop Digital and Integrated Campaign concepts that are grounded in strong insights and strategy
- Have an exceptional understanding of digital, social and mobile technologies and how they can be leveraged for marketing.
- Exhibit and insatiable curiosity for new ideas, technologies and platforms in the digital space
- Help Moxie win new clients and attract more creative talent with your insanely good ideas
- Be a stickler for strategy and raise a flag when work veers off course
- Take time to help mentor copywriters and junior writers
- Charm the pants off clients (not literally of course)
- Be a chameleon – able to write in many voices, changing from one to another as quickly as you change from one project to another
- Rock a short headline. Or write poetic, persuasive long-form copy for websites, digital signage, branded content – anything the project requires.
- Play nice with others and partner with both art directors and design directors to ensure the look supports the concepts. And don’t be afraid to tell them when it doesn’t.
- Play the role of team leader
- Understand your audiences
- Manage multiple projects from start to finish
- Brainstorm. Concept. Ideate. Repeat.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Nature and Scope
- Typically reports to VP, Group Creative Director/Head of writing department for career growth and Associate Creative Director for project work
- As a Senior Writer, you’ll be preparing to step into an ACD role. Bottom line: the longer you’re a senior the more ACD responsibilities will be bestowed on you until you’re ready for a promotion.
May require overnight travel
Bachelor’s degree in Advertising or Ad School grad
Years of Relevant Experience
5+ years of copywriting experience in an ad agency environment and in the digital space
- Must have a strong portfolio, candidates will not be considered without one
- Digital experience is required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong strategic skills
- Impressive leadership skills
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust to inevitable changes in timelines
- Be pro-active, self-starting and always thinking
- Have passion for advertising that goes way beyond a “cool print ad”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.