Analyst, Connected Intelligence
- Chicago, IL, USA
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK AT SPARK FOUNDRY
Let’s be honest – in this industry, sometimes we complicate things that should be simple. Here is the bottom line: we want YOU to join us if you are truly passionate about guiding marketers on how to best connect their brands with people. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
At Spark Foundry, we have a unique approach and provide the support to help you do this. In fact, our approach is built on creating the space for ideas that lead to smart work, and Spark Foundry is built to celebrate and develop YOUR ideas.
Do you have a passion for innovation, marketing and media, and a vision for how to deliver truly accountable marketing/advertising/media results and visualizations?
Spark Foundry, a world-wide leader in digital media planning, buying and strategy is driving an industry-leading, advanced performance media agenda. We are growing and looking to add key hires across our roster of blue-chip clients.
The analyst is a key driver to provide visualizations, a strategic thinker and a talented data visualization with a heavy emphasis on dashboard reporting. The primary responsibility will be generating and owning dashboards for clients. This position will allow you to be a significant contributor as part of the team and provide insights and recommendations through data visualizations.
This position requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, and a critical understanding of online media. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses, and be a team player. A “roll up the sleeves” approach is mandatory and a “get it done” attitude is a must. Specific responsibilities include coordination between the research, analytics & media teams ensuring high quality analytical projects are effectively delivered.
Successful candidates will be multi-dimensional ‘rising-stars’ who are able to employ complex problem solving skills, and are able to communicate these succinctly to a broad client and media stakeholder audience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Understand how platform/data technologies work and offer the ability to explain technical concepts in ordinary terms (be technically savvy - understand the opportunities and limitations)
• Establish and manage data integrations utilizing a taxonomy nomenclature to make recommendations for data visualization to showcase media performance through the use of Datorama or Tableau
• Perform regular quality assurance/quality control checks on assigned client campaigns to ensure the data is processing accurately
• Utilize Excel, Datorama and Tableau to pull data into custom charts, tables, and to showcase the most critical series of actionable business metrics
• Design and build backend data streams and processes to automate reporting capability with data visualization tools
• Contribute to client status and reporting calls, including presentation of reporting as required
• Support the development of measurement strategies, learning agendas and roadmaps with input from senior team members and internal stakeholders
• Develop subject matter expertise in performance marketing, web analytics and Business Intelligence platforms
• Clearly define project deliverables, timelines, and dependencies for junior team members, internal stakeholders and clients
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Here are the hard skill basics to be successful as a Connected Intelligence Analyst
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Partner with media teams to understand campaign objectives, strategy, and execution of digital and traditional media plans
• Analyze, synthesize and visually present data for campaign analysis meeting internal and external reporting deadlines
• 1 to 2 years related experience in digital analytics/dashboard design is a plus
• Experience working with international teams is a plus
• Proficiency with Datorama, Tableau, or other data visualization tools is required
• Advanced user Microsoft Office Suite and reporting tools
• Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills is required
• Self-starter with ability to thrive in an fast paced environment and able to function independently while providing status updates to a team of analysts
• Cooperative, flexible, conscientious, dependable, resourceful, self-motivated, team-oriented, Problem solving skills, time management and critical thinking with a professional and positive attitude
• Bachelor’s degree or combination of education, and equivalent work experience is required
• Web analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, WebTrends, etc.)
• Demonstrated expertise in core MS Excel functions (vlookup, pivot tables, data visualization)
• Experience with online advertising/media, channel marketing, strategic marketing, off-line advertising/media and/or consulting
• Experience to design jobs that can be easily promoted from one (Dev) environment to another (Test or Prod) seamlessly, without modification.
• Ability to create ETL specifications, unit, and system integration test cases
• Clear understanding of SSIS and ETL best practices within a MS SQL Server environment
• SSIS error handling, error propagation and email notification
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Bachelor Degree in Economics, Statistics. Marketing or related discipline preferred
WHO WE ARE
Throughout our rich history, we’ve taken pride in our ongoing legacy of and commitment to constant evolution. It’s in our DNA to evolve.
By melding the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse across our business, we aim to bring modern heat to brands – the kind of heat that arises at the intersection of startup and powerhouse; of data and content; of art and science; of old and new.
Energy and innovation fuels our startup spirit, while the unrivaled marketplace clout, exclusive partnerships, and global practice capabilities we have at our disposal as a full-service Publicis Media agency deliver our powerhouse soul for our clients.
We hope you’ll take a few moments to learn more about us, and to begin thinking about how we might put “the power of plus” to work for you (http://www.sparkfoundryww.com/).
Spark Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.